Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Ya know, if Brad doesn't come(which he will), I think we just go find some random guy named Brad Stevens to coach so we all feel good and can tell the media, "Told u so!"
I know a Brayden Stephens. Can't speak to his coaching but he's a good electrician. At the very least maybe he could fix the clock in AH.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So the Simon's are helping (got our name on the building, need a winner in it) and they reached out to Larry Bird from their Pacers connections  and said, "Help us bring this Indiana boy home."

Hard for me to believe Bird would get involved to help IU athletics

Just now, rcs29 said:

I know a Brayden Stephens. Can't speak to his coaching but he's a good electrician. At the very least maybe he could fix the clock in AH.

Make it happen brother! Make it happen! 

2 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Hard for me to believe Bird would get involved to help IU athletics

Bird is the reason PG/West/Hibberts teams never made it past the ECF, they needed one more player and had the approval of the owners to do so but decided against it.  And he's the reason PG left the Pacers due to not building a team around him .  Bird is on my **** list.  

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Bird is the reason PG/West/Hibberts teams never made it past the ECF, they needed one more player and had the approval of the owners to do so but decided against it.  And he's the reason PG left the Pacers due to not building a team around him .  Bird is on my **** list.  

Definitely not as good with personnel decisions as he was as a player. 

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Firing Rick Carlisle and Frank Vogel are also pretty horrible decisions. Both have gone on to win championships while the Pacers do all they can to tread water.

Just now, FightFor6 said:

Firing Rick Carlisle and Frank Vogel are also pretty horrible decisions. Both have gone on to win championships while the Pacers do all they can to tread water.

I agree and Birds hiding out in French Lick while the Pacers are treading water still to this day with his incompetence as a GM

Jeff Goodman just said on his field of 68 podcast that NBA coaches aren't like college coaches they can't just walk away from their job. They have to be fired. Stevens just signed a five-year extension last year. What do you all think? Does that change your opinion?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

John Beilein resigned as Cavs coach. Scott Smiles resigned as Magic coach. 2 right off the bat that didn't get fired and left. Wonder what he's talking about?

30 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

Yeah, at the same time K retires from Duke, and probably some other big name coach, and then IU is the ugly girl looking for a date.  

IU used to be pretty, but now old. Duke is pretty and young, so is UNC. It'd be awfully hard to beat the youth. We gotta put a full court press on Brad. It's now or never. 

38 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

They probably have a non-compete clause in their contract where they cannot quit and then go to another NBA team, but like you said, anybody can quit.  Also, I doubt the noncompete has college programs in it and if it did, that would be easy to get thrown out in court I would think.

All is that is needed is is for both parties to agree to write another contract that that makes the current contract void.  What do people think lawyers do all day.

Guys.....I have to admit,  this possible or potential "Coach Steven + IU marriage" reminds me of watching the Bachelor/ Bachelorette with my wife.
YESSSSSSS,.... I watch those two shows because I love my wife and those are the things we do for our spouses. I guarantee I'm not the only one on here who does. They're DVR'd and haven't missed an episode. I guarantee I'm not the only one on here who does this for their loved one.
 ANYWAY..........my analogy between the Bachelor/Bachelorette and Coach Stevens is spot on. Potential candidates (IU fans) portray their love and desire to be chosen for that final ROSE. They are constantly trying to "pitch" why they should be "THE ONE", even telling them they love him. All the while, the Bachelor, "Coach Stevens" shows interest, but can never really say his true feelings until that Final Rose.
Will we (IU Fans) get that FINAL ROSE?
My wife would be so proud of me.....
Not me. We watch TV in separate rooms

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just now, JJacks said:

All is that is needed is is for both parties to agree to write another contract that that makes the current contract void.  What do people think lawyers do all day.

My lady is an attorney for the state.........she does a lot of "what are these people thinking?" All day lol