Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

10 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Oh for sure, but is it more internet rando making stuff up or is it “my brothers friends boss is super connected and said some cryptic thing to my brothers friend about leprechauns and some song by P Diddy and Skyler Gray”

There’s a difference lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this stage in the search. I don't see a difference.  :). I do find it very interesting that people who are paid to know things seem to all say the person least likely to be at Indiana next year is currently living in Boston.  Yet, that seems to be the one person all of us know nothing fans have our sights set on.

I was lucky enough to be a student during IU's sports hey day.  (late 80's). BB was in the hunt every year, and football was on the rise with Mallory.  Since then there has been an awful lot of futility.  I am kind of intrigued with Tom Brew's idea of Keith Smart.  Honestly I had not even thought of him, but after reading Brew's article it did remind me that Smart's NBA head coach career has ben mired with bad teams for very short durations.  I could see a hire like that catching on.  Kind of like what Allen has done with the football program.  

By all means I would be for hiring Stevens, but not to break the bank.  Out of all the names I have seen thrown out, the two I absolutely do not want are Beilein or Pitino.  Biggest reason is age, because we will be doing this all over again sooner rather than later, and I especially don't want Pitino, because of the stench he will bring with him. 

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Are we just speaking this into existence, or do people think we have a real shot??

I think we have more of a shot than 4 years ago.  The Indy media has been saying he said no this morning, but I don't get the impression that he has given a hard no...not from the context of the interviews I heard.  "Are you quitting to go to Indiana."  I could say no, I am moving on to another opportunity for me and my family.  That is not quitting...from a certain point of view (as Obi Wan would say).

I think the situation in Boston is changing.  Steven's is not going anywhere now, but does he see himself there in 2 or 3 more years?  I think that is more cloudy.  He has a connection to this state and when he started to kind of go off track and talk about what the state and what IU meant to him, that sounds like a guy kind of weighing an option.  "I am not getting fired from this job at the moment, but I am already well past the normal shelf life.  And IU is attractive.  Moving home is attractive.  It sounds like the University has some real serious candidates they are considering.  This may be my last chance at that job...."

Dolson just needs to figure out what is keeping him from pulling the trigger and then deal with that concern because I think he sounds like he is really considering it.

Oh you are reading me wrong.  Stevens is my first choice, but I hope Mr Dolson will balance money and reality.  I don't want him as the highest paid college coach.  He isn't worth it. IMO, nor can IU afford it. 

Jeff Goodman just said on his field of 68 podcast that NBA coaches aren't like college coaches they can't just walk away from their job. They have to be fired. Stevens just signed a five-year extension last year. What do you all think? Does that change your opinion?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk