Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

Regarding #7, IU  may not have to pay the new coach's buyout. One of the donors has pledged to cover the transition costs. That may include the buyout. 

Agreed, the timing should tell the tale. I think #4 is the most interesting- why f*ck with a search committee if you already have your fish on the line?

6 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Looks like also @madmax and @IU Scott. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few more newcomers whose names I recognize from HSN.

I post on HSN and on the rivals site.  I have been lurking here for a few years.  The rivals site is just habit, I started reading that board when it was Peegs back in 99/2000.  That site is not great for the basketball talk anymore.  Then HSN went down and I had been following Chris's info so decided to get a name and join in.

7 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Public Service Announcement-

From now until we get a new coach, I will click a positive reaction to any new poster to help get rid of the Puke Jockstrap moniker regardless of what you post! If it only changes by # of posts then I will react to get you to react and still help to get rid of it! 

I'm on a mission from God...

The surest way to derail threads!

Please please do NOT do that.

All our newbies: I completely Understand the inclination to reconnect with people who might be migrating. However, let’s try to do that via private message so that the board  doesn’t get too clogged up in threads of substance.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Woof.  That BS statement was all sorts of awesome.  Really good stuff in there.  I’m starting to believe.  

and if so, wow.  The press and stress of that decision is just wow.  Wow.

I already have big respect for BS, but if he comes back to Indiana to try to rejuvenate the program knowing the fans will have crazy unrealistic expectations.....much respect! 

I feel Brad knows the mindset.  I think we all have high expectations but not unrealistic.  We want a clean program, good kids, tough nosed players.  Archie acted like he owned the place and put a subpar team together who didn’t improve and didn’t play hard.  Bad combination.

True story: I saw him at St Elmo in the upstairs lounge right after he was announced.  Hardly anybody there.  I stopped on our way out.  Apologized for interrupting him.  Thanked him for taking the job and said we were tough but fair - but looked forward to many years with him at the helm.  And wished him luck.  His reaction let me know he was not going to be a good fit here.  Deer in headlights.

1 minute ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Between the merging of threads and new posts, I can’t read and hit refresh fast enough to stay on pace. At this rate we will be at 500 pages by midnight and 1000 before EOD tomorrow.

I know my wife was suppose to be home 3 hours ago from work and I’m not even sure if she is here yet or not....just keep scrolling

7 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I’m wondering if Stevens has given Dolson a verbal yes and now Brad is just trying to dance around the questions being asked. I thought I saw someone say that Dolson was given a verbal commitment from someone....

Saw that here? 

I'll bite. Been around since the John Decker and Scout days. Glad to see some excitement. 
Glad to have somewhere to follow all of this. 

Hey Beave, don’t know if you remember me but I used the moderate during the John Decker days. Always neat seeing old posters still around!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I can not see how BS isn't leaning hard towards taking the IU job at the very least by that presser. 

Answers to an IU question:

1) If you have no intention at all to take the job: I'm flattered but I have no interest in the job or leaving Boston.

2) If you don't intend to but will listen: It's flattering, but I am happy coaching this team and we have things we are still trying to accomplish.

3) If you are leaning towards or intend to take the IU job: See above interview.