Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

17 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

We want to win right?  That’s the goal right?  This guy wins and his players loved him at Michigan.  I’m 22 and could care less that he is 68.  This post makes me sick to my stomach.

The future of the program and decisions that impact it.

Zero guarantee any coach, including Brad Stevens wins in year 1 or even year 2.  When you hire a 68 year old at a presumed blue blood program you are capping your odds of future success and ensuring another future coaching search soon.  

With all due respect, I don’t think you understand the full context of opportunity and program building.  

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Brad Steven’s anonymously donated $10 to have Archie bought out....signs a 4 year, $40 million deal to coach IU.  The guy is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Pretty good ROI if you ask me!

I honestly have no idea just hoping for the best. Keep the good vibes going. Dang this is fun.
Until it isn't lol. We were getting billy Donovan last time and got archie miller only not the archie from Dayton some imposter instead. Now we're getting stevens probably wind up with Enfield

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Lots of newbies signing up the past couple days..

I hope you new folks are Brad supporters and are accepting of our fantasy dream. 

BRAD ********* STEVENS!!

I’m in...pushing the “I believe” button.

It’s Brad.

14 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Tomorrow is my son's 21st birthday, we have reservations at a great Irish pub 5 minutes from my house so if you are hinting at another reason to celebrate tomorrow -Holy Sh*t!!

Tomorrow is my daughter’s 21st birthday.  She’s a Purdue athlete....so I’m *secretly* hoping for another reason to celebrate!

I think some are making too big of a deal about Stevens using past tense to talk about his time so far with the Celtics. How else is he supposed to refer to the last 8 years? He also used present tense, "I am the Celtics coach" or something along those lines.

That said, he didn't talk about the future. At all. In 2017, he did. And he does seem to be considering it just from his rambling answer without an absolute, no more questions asked denial.

From the Purdue board:

"But we can officially take Stevens' name off the board....even though it was never really on the board in the first place."

"Whoever they get if it isn’t Beard, Stevens etc. the grumbling from Southern Indiana trailers parks will be hilarious."

"Financially IU can't afford a name coach. Realistically they can't afford not to hire a name coach."

"The idea that an established elite coach would leave his safe already strong well paid program to try to put out a dumpster fire is hilarious."

"That is not a shot at you. It is a shot at IU fans fantasizing that they are still a big deal."

As a childhood IU fan, Brad should come here just to watch the meltdown in real time within the Purdue fandom.

Edited by madmax

Well I wasn't going to sign in but just lurk and read but today made me want to join.  Well I saw I was mentioned on here even though I had never been to this board until last week.  To put thing to rest, no I did not crash the board on HSN.

If you told me we had a chance at Brad even 2 days ago I would call you crazy.  I still won't let myself to believe that we have a chance to get him.  At least there seems to have some positive vibe going on with him and would love for brad to be the next coach at IU.  My question would be if he would let IU know before the end of the season or would he wait. until the end of the year.  I would think we would need a coach in place or at least know who the coach will be to recruit this spring.  To me if Brad decides to come I don't see the Celtics letting him finish the year out but just would let him leave right away.  I just hope we don't get overly excited on every little nugget we hear and not be disappointed in the end.

If not brad my top choice would be Beilein because I think he would come in and give us a good 6 years and stabilize the program and it would be more attractive the next time we have an opening.  I know some say that it would take him a awhile because it took him a few years at UM.  the difference is that the knows the big ten and he changed his defense and that led to the turn around.