Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

For those that are cold on Beilein just keep in mind if he is your floor for a coach then that’s a pretty good floor.    I get that age is a big factor but not even 4 years ago he was getting talked about as one of the best coaches in the game at that time especially offensively.   Hamilton for FSU just signed an 4 extension and he is 72.  

IU needs a person that can change the culture and get it back on track to be a winning program.  While not ideal for some people on here I will just point out the following 

The last 2 years he coached in college he went 

1. 33-8 (13-5) and lost in the national title game 

2. 30-7 (15-5) and lost in the sweet 16

iu has had 1 30 win season in the last 27 years. (92-93).  

of course he isn’t the long term answer but he just might change culture enough in his short years to make it more attractive for the next guy and he is such an excellent coach in my opinion he could win big.  A great coach failing at something like he did in the NBA would make me think he would bust it at wherever he is at to prove how good of coach he is 

I don’t really understand the dislike for Beilein on here.  He is not my top pick - I mean what girl doesn’t want Brad Stevens and Will Sheehey on the sidelines but he could/would win big here real quick.  His Michigan players loved him and I think he would be here several years and could completely change the culture.  We all have our own opinions but I think we could do far worse with some of the other names I have seen on here than Beilein.  Just let me keep dreaming about Stevens and Sheehey :)

I am Turdfurgeson, long time lurker first time poster. Known as mrflynn03 on the HSN site.  What the crap is going on? Bring on Brad Stevens.  

Anyone who appreciates Norm McDonald will know what I'm talking about. 

Welcome turd

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Matta (53) > Beilien (68).....same pedigree and Available if Stevens, Beard or Drew say no

My concern with Matta is his health... has it improved since he stepped down from that Ohio State University? I saw a tweet earlier that said that he could barely walk... 

1 minute ago, Turdfurgeson85 said:

I am Turdfurgeson, long time lurker first time poster. Known as mrflynn03 on the HSN site.  What the crap is going on? Bring on Brad Stevens.  

Anyone who appreciates Norm McDonald will know what I'm talking about. 

IU fans being IU fans... taking an interview and building it up to be something it isnt

Oooooooookay that presser was something. He was using that as an opportunity to explain himself. Definitely has referred to his time with the Celtics in the past tense a few times today. No reason to bring in his dad and his upbringing. And no reason to be that effusive about IU in that moment. 

I’m jumping on board the hype train!!
Hard not to be giddy!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I just shared that video with a co-worker who is not an IU fan but is a sports junky and asked for his initial thoughts. "Sounds like he's already decided to go to IU". "Speaks of Boston in the past tense". I still don't believe it'll happen but I'm intrigued now to follow this saga lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

I don’t really understand the dislike for Beilein on here.  He is not my top pick - I mean what girl doesn’t want Brad Stevens and Will Sheehey on the sidelines but he could/would win big here real quick.  His Michigan players loved him and I think he would be here several years and could completely change the culture.  We all have our own opinions but I think we HAVE DONE far worse with some of the other names I have seen on here than Beilein.  Just let me keep dreaming about Stevens and Sheehey :)

Fixed that for ya... 

I’d offer him $8 mil. More than double what he’s currently making 
Again nobody outside of the priveledged few know what he's currently making after the extension.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk