Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

27 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH

That's what they all say until they're holding up an IU uniform at a presser

27 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH

That's what they all say until they're holding up an IU uniform at a presser

Damn I hope your on to something

38 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Hamilton has it made. I seriously doubt he would consider leaving that job

Hamilton is already 72, which shocked me.  He looks younger than that, could be due to the  low stress of coaching at Florida State

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

My lifelong dream is to meet this guy...CC has been my favorite player since I was 10

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Want me to add him to the tailgate list? He’ll be a little harder get then Scott but I think I have an in with him.

3 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Some of you are setting yourselves up for huge disappointment like people did the last time with BD

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nah, I am happy with just about anyone being mentioned.  Anybody they bring in is going to get my support until they show they should not have it.  Would I be happier with some options over others?  Yes.  That being said, the new hire represents hope.  We get this hire in place and we can start talking about what the team needs to do to get back on track.  Up until yesterday, the discussion was looking to center around getting rid of Miller (if we were talking at all).  We should be going into this fall as Indiana fans pumped about the 2 major sports.  When was the last time we could say that?

5 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Where? Where are you discussing this? I’ve gone back 10 hrs.....nada

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Those quotes are from an interview on some random Boston radio show that I'm pretty sure is mandated by the Celtics brass.  If Brad Stevens is actually listening to Indiana but hasn't made his mind up, there is not a chance in hell that he tells anyone in the media that.  There is an even smaller chance that he decides to break it to 2 hacks on a radio show.  That story is just taking his quotes from the radio show and making it seem like it was some thought out statement that he published, which it absolutely was not.

5 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Beilein buzz picking up on Peegs. Hopefully that chatter is a smokescreen. Would be very disappointing. 

Anything of real substance, or just a speculative thread that people are running with?

30 minutes ago, clintonmills said:

Mainly due to the fact that Beilien jumped ship on Michigan because he was "frustrated with the nature of college basketball." 

meh

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Anything of real substance, or just a speculative thread that people are running with?

Rabjohns just said he's hearing a lot of chatter on it, and then Peegs put up an article/profile of Beilein as a candidate. Just seemed suspicious. But definitely could be more Beilein camp pumping news out than Indiana. 

1 minute ago, goonaha said:

Rabjohns just said he's hearing a lot of chatter on it, and then Peegs put up an article/profile of Beilein as a candidate. Just seemed suspicious. But definitely could be more Beilein camp pumping news out than Indiana. 

Same guys who dismissed the press conference happening on Monday?

I honestly have no idea, I do think we have a verbal agreement or something like that with someone. I think it has to be Stevens, Beard or Drew. I don't think we pay 10 million buyout and get other money for Matta or Beilein
I'm with you except I think you replace Stevens with Oats there. The extra $ makes me think there is another buyout involved. Baylor is a private university but I'd assume there is something of a buy out there and the other 2 definitely have buyouts. Look I want Brad as much as all of you but I'm trying to keep myself grounded in reality and the reality is any of the 3 I mentioned would be absolute fantastic hires imo.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk