Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

Seriously, they asked John freaking Beilein if he wanted to be a stable pony for a young coach? Wow. He may have been too gracious to hang up on them, but I’d bet a mortgage payment it crossed his mind. His situation and Phil Martelli’s are not remotely comparable.

I still think Beilein will be our Coach, unless Notre Dame fires Brey in the next few days

Pretty much the same stuff that always gets said every time the coaching carousel fires up. Wouldn’t read anything into it other than just trying to keep his team focused on the tourney and as little distraction as possible. All these coaches do the typical denial thing this time of year. Some mean it, others don’t. We’ll soon see who means what though, won’t we? 

I'm pretty sure all these outlets that are running with the "Stevens has no interest" angle are just taking his weekly radio show at face value. 
Until I hear otherwise, it's STEVENS TIME

I’m with you. Although no coach has ever said they’re staying somewhere and then decided to leave later.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

BTW, I'm not saying anything anybody here doesn't already know, but until IU issues a release saying who our next coach is -- or unless someone like Goodman breaks it a couple hours before that release is put out -- we're gonna be hearing a lot about a river in Egypt. 

Denial. Denial. Denial. 

Nobody currently coaching will fess up to having interest in this opening.

Remember before the NCAAs in 1989, when Bill Frieder said he would coach Michigan through the tourney, then leave for Arizona State? 

Bo Schembechler: "Hey Bill, whaddya say you and I have a little chat ... " 

1 minute ago, clintonmills said:

Oh my bad, I guess I will keep my expectations reasonable like everyone else on this thread. :)

Haha fair point. I just have always respected Hamilton and think he has a pretty nice setup. He might be more realistic than some of these names being thrown out for sure haha

1 minute ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Haha fair point. I just have always respected Hamilton and think he has a pretty nice setup. He might be more realistic than some of these names being thrown out for sure haha

You are probably right, no way I would leave if I was him either. I just always really liked him and if age is not a factor, then I would rather give him a chance. But why would he leave his current gig?

4 minutes ago, Billingsley said:

If will be a homerun if not a walk off world series winning grand slam. SD has his man now its just a matter of which of the 3 or 4 it is

Beard or Drew

Not a fan of this fellow, mostly because I find him to be a poor writer with a mediocre mastery of the English language, and a serious need for a proof reader but, I figure he has this right....

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/boston-celtics-brad-stevens-says-not-interesting-indiana-job?fbclid=IwAR0HfMVXYGlhxCw39FgxquVr9Q9Sraa8bn9RHylTauw5Qe9udgriPAxiheU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

24 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Bleacher Report says Stevens and Rick Pitono both have no interest in Hoosiers for what its worth.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

That's what they all say until they're holding up an IU uniform at a presser

36 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

As @HoosierTrav I think told me to do once, if Boston loses tonight, then do a twitter search for Brad Stevens and see how he is treated by fans. It's crazy

People think IU fans are bad. Boston Celtics twitter is much worse. They think Brad Stevens is one of the worst tacticians in the game all of a sudden. 

I just don't get what the media expects Brad to say at this specific moment?! He's gonna say NOOOOOOO! Duh! He's in the middle of their freaking season. Yet some radio station does an interview and everyone says, "Welp, thats it!" "Nothin' to see here Indiana!" "On to the next candidate." Gimme a break. Its like this is everyone's 1st rodeo following coaching searches.