Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

9 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

If we contact all the guys @Chris007 mentioned and for some reason they all say no I hope Scott gets mad and puts together a stud staff around a guy like Fife. Not that I am enamored with Fife I just like the idea of saying oh you don’t think we are a top program, let me show you.  Get a great staff and whatever resources they need to get after it. 

What if Fife was brought in as HC with Beilein as the Associate Head coach...like Howard did at Michigan 

Just now, Banksyrules said:

I’m hoping this thread reaches 10,000 messages.  The longer the wait the more likely it’s Stevens by my logic.  I’m not liking this chatter about our fan base.  In NC there talking about firing Roy Williams and I’m also sure that Boston fans are a classy bunch every day. Nothing but rainbows over there (this is sarcasm by the way).  

As @HoosierTrav I think told me to do once, if Boston loses tonight, then do a twitter search for Brad Stevens and see how he is treated by fans. It's crazy

2 minutes ago, JudahRMK said:

What if Fife was brought in as HC with Beilein as the Associate Head coach...like Howard did at Michigan 

I listened to Titus & Tate a few weeks ago and they had Beilein on. They addressed that it’s unique that Beilein has never been an assistant. They went on to ask if he’s be interested in a Phil Martell-type role. He said no

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

As @HoosierTrav I think told me to do once, if Boston loses tonight, then do a twitter search for Brad Stevens and see how he is treated by fans. It's crazy

to be fair, he should've been playing Rob Williams more earlier in the season (the most common twitter gripe lol). But now he is! A coach that can adapt :)

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This, from the Alabama coach, denying interest in any other job than the one he currently has. Once you go third person,  in my book -- you're out! 

“To be honest with you, I don’t even know if anybody’s reached out to my agent because my agent knows what my thought is,” Oats said. “If they have, he’s probably told them thanks but no thanks and I’m locked into coaching this team. It really doesn’t matter what the media wants to bring up as far as what jobs may make sense for Nate Oats.

“Nate Oats and his family know what jobs make sense for him, and we love being at Alabama right now and we’ve got a special thing going. We’re coaching our team and trying to get as many wins out of this deal here in Indy as we can possibly get.”

He has a weird way of saying he's not interested in leaving Alabama... it kind of sounds to me like he might be interested in leaving Alabama.  

2 minutes ago, clintonmills said:

Denny Crum is alive and available. 

I think my Lou Henson comment falls under "Tell me your older than 50 without telling me your older than 50"........:92:

(and...I still think Lou was a god awful Coach and ever year when the season concluded I prayed that Illinois would keep him around)

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

Bleacher Report says Stevens and Rick Pitono both have no interest in Hoosiers for what its worth.

Pittino has like a $13 Million buyout........I don't think Ol Hooker Rick would have gone over well

Just now, ledies22 said:

Bleacher Report says Stevens and Rick Pitono both have no interest in Hoosiers for what its worth.

I'm pretty sure all these outlets that are running with the "Stevens has no interest" angle are just taking his weekly radio show at face value. 

Until I hear otherwise, it's STEVENS TIME

6 minutes ago, moyemayhem said:

He has a weird way of saying he's not interested in leaving Alabama... it kind of sounds to me like he might be interested in leaving Alabama.  

Agree. You always wonder when a coach keeps his references to this specific season, as opposed to speaking about the longterm program. 

A lot of mentions of this season, not really mentions of the future with Alabama. 

8 minutes ago, hper50 said:

I listened to Titus & Tate a few weeks ago and they had Beilein on. They addressed that it’s unique that Beilein has never been an assistant. They went on to ask if he’s be interested in a Phil Martell-type role. He said no

Seriously, they asked John freaking Beilein if he wanted to be a stable pony for a young coach? Wow. He may have been too gracious to hang up on them, but I’d bet a mortgage payment it crossed his mind. His situation and Phil Martelli’s are not remotely comparable.

16 minutes ago, JudahRMK said:

And pay the Beilein or Matta guy well. Then whatever else you need to do. Change to Nike, whatever 

7 minutes ago, moyemayhem said:

You're not lying. That reads like there a few jobs that I would be open to and my agent knows that he does not have to speak with me to know that I am interested.