Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

My prediction is belein or however you spell it. He coaches here a 4 years we make a couple tourneys the final time we lose sweet 16 he decides to retire we hire his assistant who doesn't cut the mustard we fire him after 4 years forever destined for mediocrity

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just now, coonhounds said:

My prediction is belein or however you spell it. He coaches here a 4 years we make a couple tourneys the final time we lose sweet 16 he decides to retire we hire his assistant who doesn't cut the mustard we fire him after 4 years forever destined for mediocrity

NO! To highlight your point, his name is just too hard to spell.

Stevens is my top choice, but just like Billy D several years ago, I don't think it's happening. I am doing my research and focusing attention on guys like Drew, Belien, and Beard who I think are realistic, qualified, and more likely options. 

1 hour ago, Evariste Galois said:

Their title is pretty far from what was said. He did not sound like he had no interest (even said he was flattered).

Technically the exchange was:

Person: "So you are not quitting your Celtics job to go coach at Indiana."

Brad: "I am not"

SO did anyone notice Chubbo McChuberson cut off slow talking Brad Stevens, likely muting his mic, just as he said, " I am not..."

I believe the remainder of what he said was "...going to turn down the greatest job in the world again. Thank you Boston, now go suck it."

Edited by iu eyedoc
missing f

Whats the game plan for getting excited for somebody other than stevens? I myself am getting caught up in the thought of stevens to the point I cant stand the thought of anyone else at this point. I

Ditto. It's hard to mentally accept anyone else until you know he is definitely out.

I'm sorry but I can't get over the thugs comment
Didn't he defend it by saying slugs is what he said? That made sense to me but yea iu probably hire him and find out every recruit in the country is turned off by him calling his players thugs. Total iu move

Didn't he defend it by saying slugs is what he said? That made sense to me but yea iu probably hire him and find out every recruit in the country is turned off by him calling his players thugs. Total iu move

Only some old man uses the term slugs. I'm 44 and I've never used the term slug in my life

Just now, clintonmills said:

One name I hear people talk about that I just would not be happy with is Andy Enfield. Am I missing something? Since he coaches a West Coast team I haven't watched them play so I really don't know much about him other than the few games I saw when he coached at Florida Gulf Coast. 

His name has disappeared but I do know we gauged his interest. I don't know much but they do get up and down the floor alot