Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

28 minutes ago, LookatthestonesonDolson said:

Although still a “Purdue jockstrap”...

Chris Beard?  Sense he may have already had some of his best years.  He would scare me as a possible miss.  Yes, he has had a nice run in the tourney, but does not seem to have parlayed that into recruiting momentum with sustaining strength.  They are a rather average 17-10 this season.  Tough conference, but still.  Stumbled down the stretch, too. 

Although not popular, I would be disappointed with Beard.  

Lol, recruiting momentum and sustaining strength are not terms that have ever been associated with Texas Tech, that anyone would even consider doing so now even in an effort at dismissal, is a testament to what Coach Beard has accomplished there in a short time. He's basically taken a bottom third or bottom quarter Big 12 program and made it consistently top half of the conference and done so without top tier recruits. A coach that can get 4 and 5 stars to even look at Lubbock should have no problem at all selling Bloomington. 

Brad Stevens was on NBC Sports Boston a few moments ago via Twitter(@NBCSCeltics is their handle name) and said he's not quitting his current job to come to IU.  Obviously he won't say that on air but he's shooting it down publicly which I would expect.  

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

In a month it's going to be I wasn't expecting Indiana to make me a 10 year 70 million dollar offer either. 

Holy cow...have we offered that?  I was worried when Dolson got the job, but if we are really throwing it out there like this then I was completely wrong about the guy and will enjoy all the crow I can eat if he lands Stevens.

On this, I heard there will be no leaks. There will be less than 5 people who will know what is going on before it is made public. 

So if Brad had already been contacted or will be in the future, how do we get him within the next month? Brad will still be coaching the Celtics and I always thought it was illegal to make a deal during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Brad Stevens was on NBC Sports Boston a few moments ago via Twitter(@NBCSCeltics is their handle name) and said he's not quitting his current job to come to IU.  Obviously he won't say that on air but he's shooting it down publicly which I would expect.  

He's going to pull a Costanza and drag the championship trophies behind his car in the parking lot so he can get fired.....he's not "quitting"

9 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Must be nice to be an alumni/fan of a program that has had one of the most consistent coaches in history, wins, and recruits phenomenally. It gets frustrating when we see what we could have and never get it, Jay.

I bet you would like us to hire a former Knighter....

7 minutes ago, Treesh said:

It's amazing how so many national guys latch onto a narrative and speak it into existence. Archie had fierce defenders all over the place until halfway through this season. What else do these guys want the IU fanbase to do? Crean got 9 years and had very obviously worn out his welcome among high school/AAU coaching and parties inside the AD. Archie was not able to generate ANY momentum in the program at all. You either had to let him go or extend him and an extension would have been a buy-out move more than anything.

Tim Brando was on 1070 this morning as well just railing against the fanbase for about 15 minutes telling us the best we can hope for is Dane Fife. It's really shocking how much contempt there is for Indiana out there.

Edited by FightFor6