Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

RE: Mark Titus

Mark Titus is a former walk-on at Ohio State, who grew up in Brownsburg, IN.  

He has the same pedantic passive-aggressive, pot-stirring personality of a certain @$$, who formerly played for IU, failed as a coach at Bowling Green, and has all the answers.  Whatever Titus is writing that involves IU is written to provoke, not inform.  Titus is a clown.  

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I’m at the point where anyone but Brad Stevens would disappoint me. 

I blame no one but myself. 

feeling is mutual. may have to step away for a bit get ground myself. Reminds me a lot of the not to be mentioned recruit in October. 

1 minute ago, LookatthestonesonDolson said:

RE: Mark Titus

Mark Titus is a former walk-on at Ohio State, who grew up in Brownsburg, IN.  

He has the same pedantic passive-aggressive, pot-stirring personality of a certain @$$, who formerly played for IU, failed as a coach at Bowling Green, and has all the answers.  Whatever Titus is writing that involves IU is written to provoke, not inform.  Titus is a clown.  

Kudos to the screen name sir

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I have not heard that number specifically. I  think you need to be at 7 million to get Brad

I heard pretty specific contract items that made the spidey senses go off.  It was pretty much the same from 2 people that don’t know each other.  But it was odd in that it wasn’t completely over the top and sounded plausible. Completely different than the last coaching search.  But another interesting tidbit I hadn’t thought of is with this one not coming from a committee, there will be more info out there.  This should be fun.

19 minutes ago, Cinco de Mayo said:

Here's a comparison..... Back in the day coach Knight rarely recruited players, his assistants did most of it. The "BRAND" was enough. That also got him in trouble later in his coaching career. However, if Brad came, I think the rigors of recruiting would come easy for him because many would want to be a part of what he brings, especially when he starts winning at IU and the BRAND is renewed......JMHO.

The last several years RMK did and that became the problem IMO. When coach still did most we had a lot less misses and kids that understood what they were getting in to. Yes if there is success the BRAND will deliver

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

IMO he came out with a better job. Much easier to win at New Mexico than at Minnesota, especially with the BIG the way it is right now. Plus you get to live in New Mexico.

I do think UNM should have waited and hired Archie tbh

Agree, although I can see Archie working somewhere on the East Coast, non Power 5 conference.  Somewhere in the American or Big East

6 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I’m at the point where anyone but Brad Stevens would disappoint me. 

I blame no one but myself. 

Dakich and Doyel both didn't shoot the Stevens idea dead in the water.  They spent a lot of time talking about it actually.  Yesterday, Dan said, "I'm telling Brad Stevens he needs to listen."  

Doyel said worst we will do is Beilein.  Doyel hates Drew, speaks of the Perea issue with burning passion.  Must actually be fully true.  

Dan actually went 10 minutes without bringing up Alford who would get his pants coached off 9 out of 10 games in the B1G.

26 minutes ago, iubb said:

Lol. Of course he would deny it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Brad Stevens tells us he is NOT planning on leaving the Celtics to take the Indiana job. "

That's the most non-denial denial, I have seen in a while.

A far cry from 2017:

“I don’t speak to the rumor mill or anything else,” Stevens, 40, said. “I’ve made pretty clear I’m going to be here. I’ve been asked about that quite a bit. And I’ll keep saying the same thing. I’m going to be here until the Celtics decide they want to move in another direction.”

Nice! I actually live in Elizabethtown, but hate to claim Jennings County lol!  I've lived here pretty much all of my almost 50 years!  Went to East, still go to almost every football game

I’ve lived in Jennings all my 70 years with the exception of my time in the military. While it is somewhat boring I like the slow pace.
I find most people here friendly.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app