Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 hours ago, Treesh said:

Glass also got us Allen and Teri so he’s not all that bad of an AD.. 

Scott’s career will be completely judged off this. If he wants to win Indiana fans over and for the future, it needs to be a name. A name like Bradley Stevens. 

Don't forget Jeff Mercer. This years squad has a chance at being really special. World Series special.

Just now, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

So what about all that flight tracking I heard about?  Anything fun going on?  I saw on Facebook that Brad Stevens was spotted having lunch at the Pizza Pantry in Ellettsville....

He was eating a Stromboli. The man has impeccable taste.

14 minutes ago, Billingsley said:

I know had to get my fix. Now is the time to get as much IU info as possible and let all the crazy rumors fly. Working downtown all week just to be close to the tournament since its been so long since we have been involved. 

Sweet.  On duty wednesday and Saturday.  My brother and I are going to try and scalp tickets sunday and monday.  You should join us.  

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Steeler!

Long time, no see. A coaching search can bring some old friends out of the woodwork, eh?

Anytime I can dream of Brad Stevens leading this program to the heights I have never got to fully witness I get excited. Was pretty apathetic for most of this season. Lol

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Hey guys (stu I will be good for my short trip).  Chris, just curious if you have heard on the starting point of 10/$65m?  I have heard that number a couple of times today.  

Edit:  Testing the waters to see if the info is consistent or if this is how this search is gonna go with rumors and whatnot.

Dang. If true Scott is f'ing around. Doubling the men's bball coach salary. Get em, Scott

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

Dang. If true Scott is f'ing around. Doubling the men's bball coach salary. Get em, Scott

that would be a bargain.  I'd go as high at 10 years 100.  He would pay for himself in about 2.5 years.

I've said before I'd buy all new fresh IU gear that day, even those IU slip on's that are always on clearance at Burlington.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

So what about all that flight tracking I heard about?  Anything fun going on?  I saw on Facebook that Brad Stevens was spotted having lunch at the Pizza Pantry in Ellettsville....

Did you call JMV and tell him that yesterday if so I heard you. Good old  Pizza Pantry.

Just now, mdiu28 said:

I am honestly not sure.  I heard from 2 people I trust, but you never know during this type of situation.  I do know from what I have heard Dolson is just a confident dude right now.  The general feeling is he has something that will make people happy.  Beyond that, I know who I would go to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd try.  Hard to say if he does since he would have a lot more info than us.  I hope this is accurate, but I wanted to more see what others are hearing to see if this is what it’s gonna be like with info during this.  Haven’t really got a feel for Dolson and what info is out there other than a general consensus Dolson is big game fishing.

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

Actually the site going down coincided with the Archie news.

Which was yesterday. The site has been down since ~11 or 12 MST (1-2 PM EST) yesterday. 

Sometimes that server has issues with too much traffic but this isn't that. There is another issue. I hope they figure it out soon.

20 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

So you're saying he's the exact right person to deal with these ****s higher up than him, huh?  We could have used that 20 years ago.  Hopefully, he has some input on McRobbie's replacement.  We need a major upgrade there.

20 years ago the administration was looking to punish the basketball program and keep it in it's place.  With all the talk about needing an "IU guy" as coach, having a true IU sports person in the AD spot may be even more important. 

Dolson sets the tone for the entire athletic program.  His stated expectations are very encouraging.  His actions to invest in CTA shows he's serious.  Now he needs to lay out his plans and vision, and I would close with Tom Allen recruiting Stevens (or another homerun hire) to come create a Hoosier dynasty together. We won't have a new president prior to the hire, but hopefully the environment being created forces an exceptional hire for that position as well.

17 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I really love seeing all the new posters in here. Don't get me wrong, love all the long-timers too, but it's really a welcome infusion of energy!

Oh so I’m not your favorite poster!?