Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

4 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

If you would have asked me 3 months ago I would have agreed with you, but Dolson seems hellbent on restoring IU basketball to glory.  He ponied up the cash for Tom Allen, maybe he is willing to break the bank for Brad Stevens.  I think it is funny how quickly the conversation changed from Dolson being a whipped little puppet of the administration to now having bigger stones than Mt. Everest.

This is pretty much in direct conflict with Glass' direction... improve the facilities, but settle for/relegate IUBB to mediocrity. 

5 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

If you would have asked me 3 months ago I would have agreed with you, but Dolson seems hellbent on restoring IU basketball to glory.  He ponied up the cash for Tom Allen, maybe he is willing to break the bank for Brad Stevens.  I think it is funny how quickly the conversation changed from Dolson being a whipped little puppet of the administration to now having bigger stones than Mt. Everest.

So you're saying he's the exact right person to deal with these ****s higher up than him, huh?  We could have used that 20 years ago.  Hopefully, he has some input on McRobbie's replacement.  We need a major upgrade there.

14 minutes ago, LookatthestonesonDolson said:

Thanks man.  I am jonesing.  Have been homeless as a poster since yesterday when HSN’s gerbil fell off the wheel. 

Or maybe it wasn't a gerbil that was powering HSN all along.  Maybe it was Tom Crean's incessant Diet Coke fueled pacing, and then Archie Miller's nose picking and gum chewing that were powering the servers.  That would explain why people were lobbying for them to stay and also explain why the servers go down after they are fired.  Now all HSN has to rely on for a power source is the hot air that spews from Dan Dakich's mouth.  And while that is an abundant source of energy, it is not terribly reliable since he is constantly changing his position.  Can anyone confirm this conspiracy?

Edited by BleedCubbieBlue

1 hour ago, Billingsley said:

just posting for first time today. @Chris007 has been spot on for a long time and I came over from HSN to see what he was saying and I know that my info may not received well since I am new to the site but I shared on HSN that CAM would be let go on Monday that same person shared with me that Dolson was willing to offer Stevens to become the highest paid coach in sports is what i was told. I find that hard to believe. He feels that SD has his man and IU will know this week 1 way or the other but for obvious reasons may not be able to share it for some time. Initially he felt it was Beilein but now he things that BS may be a serious candidate. I agree 100% with Chris I think it will be one of Stevens, Beard or Beilein and I would be very excited for any of the 3. I always take these things with a grain of salt but enjoy sharing even if wrong. Thank you and I look forward to this search and to posting more. 

What's up my brother?  HSN is jacked, going on 21 hours.  

1 minute ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Or maybe it wasn't a gerbil that was powering HSN all along.  Maybe it was Tom Crean's incessant Diet Coke fueled pacing, and then Archie Miller's nose picking and gum chewing that were powering the servers.  That would explain why people were lobbying for them to stay and also explain why the servers go down after they are fired.  Now all HSN has to rely on for a power source is the hot air that spews from Dan Dakich's mouth.  And while that is an abundant source of energy, it is not terribly reliable since he is constantly changing his position.  Can anyone confirm this conspiracy?

Hello friend.  Your drive-by on Dakich tells me all I need to know.  Gotta be a good dude.  Dakich is a very small man.  

1 minute ago, Notithatlives said:

What's up my brother?  HSN is jacked, going on 21 hours.  

I know had to get my fix. Now is the time to get as much IU info as possible and let all the crazy rumors fly. Working downtown all week just to be close to the tournament since its been so long since we have been involved. 

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

my two cents that are worth less. IF brad stevens does accept an offer to come to IU, do the celtics want him there still with one foot out of the door? 

On the other side does IU wait 4 months for stevens? I think the fan base would be restless after a couple of weeks without word of anything.

I for one would not be restless.  I would start to get probably irrationally exuberant the longer this drags out towards June because that, in my mind, would point to our Captain Ahab landing Moby Dick.

2 hours ago, iu eyedoc said:

Well, I know that changing my avatar has been the lynchpin to this whole coaching search, so I have finally made my decision.

You're welcome.

Welcome aboard the Stevens train. Full steam ahead!

10 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

It's time to come home Coach Stevens. It's just time. They don't love you in Boston like the Hoosier faithful will. It's time to lead the program you were born to lead........I don't care about your realism. Just let me believe for a little bit. Please....lol

FB_IMG_1615826984031.jpg

Steeler!

Long time, no see. A coaching search can bring some old friends out of the woodwork, eh?