Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think you do whatever your dream coach of the next 25 years wants to do. At least that is how I would handle it. 

Completely agree! my point was:

A)  IU does whatever to get him here yes, more so on the side of what Boston wants. Do they want a coach that is halfway out the door

B) fans, recruits, players hanging on for 4 months without a coach is a tough ask more so players and recruits.

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

If we can land our white whale I'd agree; Stevens's name and history with IU resources would be amazing to see.  Can we make that play and land him though?

Scott is showing that he truly cares about IU being amongst the elite once again. It’ll pay off for him when he gets his guy

With the extra year Covid-rule there will probably be more player movement than we have ever seen. I don’t know if we really have a shot at Stevens but if we do get him we are going to land some really good transfers. Top, top transfers will want to play for Brad. Let’s hope.......

All the chatter about IU being irrelevant?

Most of the National writers know what to do when they seek clicks.  Poke Indiana fans.  I put little stock in most of what has been written Guesses by:

Goodman

Gottlieb

Rothstein

Norlander

Wouldn’t worry about opinion or candidate list as most are not close enough for quality intel.  Stay with @chris007.  He is $

34 minutes ago, Billingsley said:

just posting for first time today. @Chris007 has been spot on for a long time and I came over from HSN to see what he was saying and I know that my info may not received well since I am new to the site but I shared on HSN that CAM would be let go on Monday that same person shared with me that Dolson was willing to offer Stevens to become the highest paid coach in sports is what i was told. I find that hard to believe. He feels that SD has his man and IU will know this week 1 way or the other but for obvious reasons may not be able to share it for some time. Initially he felt it was Beilein but now he things that BS may be a serious candidate. I agree 100% with Chris I think it will be one of Stevens, Beard or Beilein and I would be very excited for any of the 3. I always take these things with a grain of salt but enjoy sharing even if wrong. Thank you and I look forward to this search and to posting more. 

Just to be clear, is Dolson willing to make Stevens the highest paid coach in sports in the world?  In the US?  In college athletics?  Or in college basketball?  Because that is a pretty large range.  World - Diego Simeone ~$49M.  US - Belichick - rumored to be ~$20M.  College athletics - Saban ~$9.3M.  College basketball - Calipari ~$8.1M.

1 minute ago, LookatthestonesonDolson said:

All the chatter about IU being irrelevant?

Most of the National writers know what to do when they seek clicks.  Poke Indiana fans.  I put little stock in most of what has been written Guesses by:

Goodman

Gottlieb

Rothstein

Norlander

Wouldn’t worry about opinion or candidate list as most are not close enough for quality intel.  Stay with @chris007.  He is $

Welcome stones! 

Since I have been a college hoops fan (early 2000s) there have been two "holy $h!t-this dudes going to win big time) hires: 

Roy Williams to UNC in 2003

John Calipari to UK in 2009. 

They've combined for 9 Final Fours and 4 National Championships at their respective universities.

Brad Stevens to Indiana would be the third "holy $h!t" hire. Thankfully it would be my team this time. 

2 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Just to be clear, is Dolson willing to make Stevens the highest paid coach in sports in the world?  In the US?  In college athletics?  Or in college basketball?  Because that is a pretty large range.  World - Diego Simeone ~$49M.  US - Belichick - rumored to be ~$20M.  College athletics - Saban ~$9.3M.  College basketball - Calipari ~$8.1M.

I have to think ~$7.0 mil a year to get Stevens. 

6 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I did not ask as I did not think it likely to happen 

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And maybe Goodman's "sources" are nothing more than the barista at his Starbucks.

I don't know who his sources are or if he's just sort of guessing it's a longshot, but Goodman is a Boston guy. 

Not sure if he still has the same schedule, but when I worked for the Celtics, Goodman was at most home games and attended many of the practices. This was before he blew up as a legit college reporter.

But, he knows the Boston market and has Celtics connections. 

Edit: Not saying he's right, just saying he isn't clueless, especially in that market. 

Just now, Billingsley said:

I did not ask as I did not think it likely to happen 

If you would have asked me 3 months ago I would have agreed with you, but Dolson seems hellbent on restoring IU basketball to glory.  He ponied up the cash for Tom Allen, maybe he is willing to break the bank for Brad Stevens.  I think it is funny how quickly the conversation changed from Dolson being a whipped little puppet of the administration to now having bigger stones than Mt. Everest.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And maybe Goodman's "sources" are nothing more than the barista at his Starbucks.

With Goodman, his source is likely not any higher up than the backup assistant barista. 

20 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Error EX144. Looks like a corrupted database.

It's been down since yesterday. 

Wrong time for that with all the buzz going around....what about Coachss whats he heard?