Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Dream scenario I’m still rolling with. 
Head Coach: Brad Stevens 

Associate Head Coach: Thad Matta 

Assistant Coach: Michael Lewis

Assistant Coach: Kenya Hunter 

Roberts could stay as the DOBO or in another role if he wanted . 

1 minute ago, maharkn said:

Read an article that said Keith Smart would give Indiana everything it needed in a coach.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I read that article -- meh. I think the author is just trying to come up with an outside-the-box candidate to get hits. Love Keith Smart, but he has never recruited -- and kids he'd be targeting have no idea who he is. And he's never had much success as an NBA head coach.

Also, the author said his requirements were that the new coach have RMK's blessing and former IU players' blessing. All respect to RMK and the former players, but I don't care if the new coach gets their blessing or not. If a new coach wins, that'll answer every question. And while I don't think Brad Stevens will come, Brew said even he wouldn't check his last two boxes -- which are the aforementioned approval of RMK and former IU players. I would think Knight -- as well as the former players -- would totally back a Stevens hire. 

I keep reading articles or seeing social media posts saying Brad is a .00000000000000005% chance. I get it. But things change over years. People's wants and needs change over years. I think it's a WAY better chance than most believe.  Most media and fans of other teams are simply in denial because they know if Scott gets his guy....IU is back and I mean REALLY back! 

I honestly wouldn’t put any stock on who we allegedly have/haven’t reached out to yet. Most of these guys are currently preparing for the tournament. IU doesn’t want to create distractions for them or put them in awkward positions by telling other people that we’ve reached out to them. Chris had both Beard and Drew on his list and that’s all I need to know.

1 hour ago, JudahRMK said:

20210316_090647.jpg

It was a troll tweet tbh.

59 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

Penn State hire?  That Shrewsberry?  What am I missing here?

Shrewsberry coached at Butler and Boston with Stevens

It does seem that the last few years when big programs came open the big fish ended up saying no and those programs settled on what appeared to be a tier 3 guy.  UCLA comes to mind recently.  I remember several years Brad and Shaka were the big fish and they both kept saying no (until Boston called Brad and TX pulled in Smart).  

So I hope as Scott goes through this process, that he is able to keep choices 2-4 in play in case Stevens says no.  

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The only way I see that happening is if he really does feel like the team has stopped listening to him. Also if he has a younger coach on staff that he knows has a good reputation with the team. He could pass it on to Jay Larranga or someone like that on staff. But I think he would want to finish the season. 

I agree with what you said. You let Brad do whatever he wants. That being said, at some point it's going to be come obvious when this position is vacant until June. I don't think that would sit well in Boston. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Would probably follow the list our guy @Chris007 suggested!!! That being said, I don't trust the National guys really. They all said no way IU fires with a 10 mil buyout. 

Didn’t Goodman also say a week ago with Robbie Hummel that IU wouldn’t fire CAM with a 10 million buyout?