Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Looking at this thread I see 7 games repeatedly. If I had to guess at popularity it's

1) Brad Stevens-not even close he's the number one choice. Media doesn't think he would leave Boston but nothing from him yet. Nothing with sources that says he's staying in Boston. Longshot? Yes. But not dead yet. 

2) Nate Oats-Goodman says he's not leaving Alabama. Would probably cross him off. (Not a Goodman fan but he's connected.)

3) Chris Beard- Will he leave the state of Texas? He's been there his whole life. 

4) Eric Musselman

T-5) John Beilein and Scott Drew

7) Thad Matta

We can speculate all day long and AD's or CEO's talk is just that. It's where the rubber meets the road that makes a difference. We should find out soon whether the problem has been the coach or if the problem has been the university. Right now, I'm leaning towards the latter.

Looking at this thread I see 7 games repeatedly. If I had to guess at popularity it's
1) Brad Stevens-not even close he's the number one choice. Media doesn't think he would leave Boston but nothing from him yet. Nothing with sources that says he's staying in Boston. Longshot? Yes. But not dead yet. 
2) Nate Oats-Goodman says he's not leaving Alabama. Would probably cross him off. (Not a Goodman fan but he's connected.)
3) Chris Beard- Will he leave the state of Texas? He's been there his whole life. 
4) Eric Musselman
7) Thad Matta

This is my list. Although switch oats and beard.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

This is my list. Although switch oats and beard.

Yeah I just felt there was more Oats love than Beard. Although Oats isn't happening. Not that Vegas Odds are everything but it seems like Beilein, Drew, and Beard are legit. Odds from +300 to +500. I'll be paying attention to the odds for sure. That can be telling. I noticed the day the Colts got Wentz they became the favorite that morning. 

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

We are Nebraska football until we prove we’re not

1 hour ago, JHoosier914 said:

Tennessee football, IMO

More like Alabama football before they hired Nick Saban.  All it takes to move from a Has Been to GOAT is the right hire.

I've been off forums for a few years now...... Well bc IU hoops has been off for a few years now.  

I'm sure Michigan regrets their decision now, but when they wanted Harbaugh they basically took their A team and a dump truck full of money and wouldn't leave until they got their man.  IU needs to do this now with Stevens.  Just go get him for F#$%'s sake.  

4) Eric Musselman
7) Thad Matta
I only seen Norlander say that about Oats and I don't think he's nearly as connected

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Apparently these are the Vegas odds on who will get the job. Lots of good names but a few duds.

Screenshot_20210315-195514_Chrome.jpg

Beilein: fine choice if you really swing and miss but then you’re back on the market. He might give you a great decade though.

Drew: I bet he stays at BU for a fat raise.

Beard: can you convince him to leave TX? Maybe if he wants title(s) and sees a better opportunity.

Alford: lol no

Altman: has a little more Crean in his teams than I think some would wish. The right PAC-12 candidate is Enfield. Won’t be either.

Matta: if he were healthy, he’s interesting. Doubt he’s it.

Fife: I think he’ll be a successful head coach someday but it seems like IU wants an established guy.

Musselman: love the offense and results; he has a rep as transfer-dependent but my hunch is that’s partly THE way to get talent quickly (or at all at NV).

Moser: I’ve been impressed this year but I’m not sure I’d take this flyer.

Oats: as discussed, home run, but his extension and Bama’s deep pockets, among other things, take him off the board.

Pope: good coach, not really sure I see him taking a high-pressure job in the Midwest.

Pitino: not a culture fit, old.

Few: not leaving Gonzaga.

Stevens: I remain encouraged by the positive insider chatter here but I’m still skeptical given the timing.