Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

16 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Whether anyone likes it or not... I do think Alford is the next guy. And whether anyone likes it or not... I think he'd be successful. 

I don't like it, therefore I refuse to accept it. What makes you think he'd succeed at IU when hasn't at UCLA, New Mexico or Iowa? 

Steve was a much better player than Archie, but similar coach: Mediocre. 

My thoughts on the first day.

Two donors means these folks have money to blow regardless of who the next coach may be. I thought it would be a group project, nope. 

Scott knows this hire will define his career. 

Scott knows basketball. 

Scott is getting a big name. It won’t be a young pup, probably won’t be an IU guy. I think it’s..

John Belien.

My hope is Brad Stevens or Beard. I don’t think Scott will touch mussleman, probably not even Drew. 

17 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

How many posts to stop being a Purdue jockstrap? 

I found this board today when HSN kept crashing (and I rightfully assumed it was a big announcement).

It's not the number, it's the quality. Post informative, funny and thoughtfully then all your dreams come true! 

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

My belief is that we go after a proven winner this time which is what we should have done the first four times!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Exactly. Discerning the next hot coach is a crap-shoot and IU isn't in the position to do that, so hire the BEST coach available. Make your list and start at the top. As others have said, make Stevens say "no' 10x and then block your number before moving on to the the next guy. My guess is you don't get to #3 or 4 if you push hard enough. Hire the best guy you can get, whoever that is.