Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, IUHAHN81 said:

I keep having this running thru my head. I just feel that agreeing to put up $10 mil was only gonna be for someone special. 

Alford being special might be determined by what side of the fence you sit on. Some alumni/donors out there might feel it's imperative to have an IU guy in that head coaching spot after how many failed attempts we've had. I definitely could envision this scenario, but praying it doesn't come to fruition. Please not Alford!

We could've had Alford when Sampson was hired. 

We could've had Alford when Crean was hired. 

We could've had Alford when Archie was hired. 

If the donors wanted Alford - we'd have had him by now. No way they put up 10M to get him now. Or maybe they do - who freakin knows. Nothing will surprise me.

I'm in the boat where I guess I'll live in disappointment for life because I won't be excited unless we pull Steven's. Sure someone may come in and get us winning more than we have which is great but Brad is the only one that makes me change my underwear after crapping myself from excitement. 

There is only one candidate that will unite IU basketball.  ONLY 1!  It might be a pipe dream but $10 million has already been given. If you give that much to get rid of someone, how much do you give to get who you want.  Whatever it takes is the answer.  I will get behind whoever is chosen but there is only 1.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Gotta get back to reality for a sec... lol

image.thumb.png.f65d0fea3dd4803e9ec339b9353afac1.png

I listened to this interview and Norlander said “I’ll never say never but Stevens isn’t leaving the nba to take the Indiana job.” No direct quotes from Brad Stevens 

30 minutes ago, HoosierBoiler said:

It’s gonna be Steve Alford.

1.BFF with Scott D

2.Salary will be modest

3.Its time to try IU Guy

1987 team made me fall in love with Indiana basketball. I just want to win again and I’m good with Alford. I’m not against other coaches to me it just seems like this is gonna be his chance.

That explains the "boiler" part of your screen name.

I don't think it will be to announce a new coach. Huge s/o to [mention=7005]Chris007[/mention]. This is a free message board and he was better than any of these "insiders" people pay for.
I think Dolson has a few guys lined up and is confident he can get one of them. 
Wait! He's doing it free? Kudos. ;)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

We are getting absolutely trashed on social media for thinking we are getting a legit coach. I really hope we can shove it back in these peoples faces. 

Why we need a massive hire. We (IU fans) are the only ones that view us as a blue blood. And everyone else isn't wrong - we've been ****

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

We are getting absolutely trashed on social media for thinking we are getting a legit coach. I really hope we can shove it back in these peoples faces. 

I don’t think Archie gets fired unless we’re bringing in one. Don’t want to beat a dead horse but the boosters paid up for a reason.