Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

Not what I am saying. Kent said IU wouldn't have a press conference about a coach getting fired. They are having a press conference about a coach getting fired. 

Oh I know. I just saw some on here and another message board wondering if it was a new coach. 

It's funny...the local media got it wrong. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I don't think it will be to announce a new coach. Huge s/o to @Chris007. This is a free message board and he was better than any of these "insiders" people pay for.

I think Dolson has a few guys lined up and is confident he can get one of them. 

I appreciate you brother. We're going to get this ship turned around. 

2 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I don't understand the Fife talk.  I just don't get it.  MSU fans don't even want him as the heir to their program, they want one of the other assistant coaches.  He had hustle as a player, but I wouldn't say the kind of chutzpah that you'll typically see in a coach.  Will all due respect to Dane, Indiana, as a program, has earned the right to aim much, much higher than this.

Based on the biases of my own desires, I'm predicting Brad Stevens to IU.  The facts/circumstances I'm cherry-picking to support this argument are as follows:  Indiana University is the best basketball program ever, Brad is ready for a change, and also it just feels right to me.

Based on the wording of the Press Release and what is out there right now, I do not believe we're going to be looking at any up-and-comers.  Sorry, Stuhoo.  So realistically only about 5 candidates, and supposedly at least 1 of them has indicated high interest in the position.  The Texas guys seem pretty happy.  I'd love for it to be Oats.  I'm going to predict it is Beilienieniblien.  Huge upgrade regardless.

I'm with you. I said Musselman earlier. I think it's Beilein now that I've read a few things on here and other places. I don't think it's a done deal though. I think there are probably 3-4 guys they are looking at. 

4 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I like Belein's ability.. But he's not the long term answer. 

No but I think he could win right away and have a team that could compete for a National Title sooner rather than later. It would be a solid 4-6 year run. The hope is he would leave Indiana in better shape than he found it. Look at West Virginia and Michigan..West Virginia went to a final four 3 years after he left. Michigan is a one seed 2 years later. While Beilein was at both those schools West Virginia had the best seasons they've had since the 60's and Michigan the best since the Fab Five. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I appreciate you brother. We're going to get this ship turned around. 

I hope so... but we've been hearing that for the past 20+ years... I guess if we keep saying it over and over and over, sooner or later we'll be right...

1 minute ago, Teague said:

Just stopping by to mention a couple of things:

1. Stay away from our coach 

2. Are you aware he just signed a contract extension with a 12+ million dollar buyout?

Boosters just paid $10 mil to get rid of the last guy. Seems like we may finally be serious about a new head coach. Hopefully we get our Saban (Stevens). Oats would be a great pickup. 

1 hour ago, mdiu28 said:

Give me Beilein over Fife all day every day for the rest of time. There's no argument for Fife other than him being an IU guy.

Deathly afraid I'm going to see the  name Steve Alford sometime soon. I have zero faith in our admin until they do the right thing. Firing Archie this quickly was a great start. 

Beliein would be a safe, modest hiring I could grow to appreciate, if not celebrate. 

Alford? That will crush my spirit. 

2 minutes ago, Teague said:

Just stopping by to mention a couple of things:

1. Stay away from our coach 

2. Are you aware he just signed a contract extension with a 12+ million dollar buyout?

If he wants to come and he is Dolson's choice the 12 million buyout wont matter.

4 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

No but I think he could win right away and have a team that could compete for a National Title sooner rather than later. It would be a solid 4-6 year run. The hope is he would leave Indiana in better shape than he found it. Look at West Virginia and Michigan..West Virginia went to a final four 3 years after he left. Michigan is a one seed 2 years later. While Beilein was at both those schools West Virginia had the best seasons they've had since the 60's and Michigan the best since the Fab Five. 

Agree that he has been a "program whisperer" of sorts and could potentially bring success sooner rather than later.. But I don't like the idea of a 70 year old on the IU sideline. 

3 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

If he wants to come and he is Dolson's choice the 12 million buyout wont matter.

I don't think he's leaving any time soon. I also know that if he does leave, it won't be because Bama got outbid. 

1 minute ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Agree that he has been a "program whisperer" of sorts and could potentially bring success sooner rather than later.. But I don't like the idea of a 70 year old on the IU sideline. 

That's my number one issue. He's 68. But hell Saban is 69 so who knows. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

You took our FB strength staff, we get your basketball coach. You guys don’t even like basketball!

LOL. No deal. Also, there's a misconception about Alabama basketball. No, we're not a blue blood, but there's always been a very large basketball fan base at Bama. We just haven't had much to cheer about in a long time. Most people don't realize we're second only to kentucky in SEC wins. Granted arkansas came on board very late.