Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Wonder why he hasn't been let go yet. I heard he was interviewing for jobs. I'm just waiting for Goodman to say Boston College is hiring Archie Miller as their next coach

I don't post here often, but come here for the rumors. You're normally pretty spot on. I can only follow one board at a time. But thanks for the excellent intel. I hope we get a big fish, otherwise it's just shuffling deck furniture on the Titanic. 

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

A.J. Guyton @ajguyton

Dolson search committee should be Buckner, I. Thomas, A. Henderson & J. Crews!

Would like to see a player from 2010 onward have some input too. Wouldn't usually consider 20-30 yrs old a super youthful voice but this time around I think it's necessary.

6 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

The Boston Celtics have been fools gold his entire tenure there, and they’re not winning anything with Tatum and Brown as their top two options. Sans their 2008 team, that franchise hasn’t bought into the concept of winning with superstars, which is ironic because the only time they won in the last 30 years was when they went that route. 

Brad is out of Boston within the next few years anyway. NBA coaches just don’t last that long if they’re not winning. Hell, Frank Vogel was probably going to be fired in LA if he didn’t win in his first season. He was seen as a placeholder for Jason Kidd. Brad got some extra time given how Ainge was building the Celtics and he’s been to three conference finals with them, but the honeymoon is over for him and they’re not getting any better.

Unless the honeymoon deteriorated rapidly over the last 7 months, I don't see how it could possibly already be over. Maybe if they have an early exit in the playoffs?

3 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Unless the honeymoon deteriorated rapidly over the last 7 months, I don't see how it could possibly already be over. Maybe if they have an early exit in the playoffs?

It’s over in that he needs to win soon, and the Celtics aren’t winning the East, let alone the entire thing. 

Haven't heard anyone mention John Scheyer, so I'll throw that name out there as a contrarian option. He's been the primary recruiter at Duke since Capel left. Lead contact for guys like Tatum, Jones brothers, and Ingram. Coach K understudy. Young and energetic. X's and O's guy who knows how to run an offense. 
But will he bolt for Duke when K retires?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk