Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Folks just need to relax. Penn State about to hire a new coach has nothing to do with us. Dolson wasn't my No. 1 choice as AD (I liked Chris Reynolds), but I think even he realizes the situation is untenable. Just because he didn't march into the locker room after the Rutgers loss and fire Archie doesn't mean he's not gonna get this done. 

giphy.gif

Dolson would have been 3 for me mostly because I was over the "yes" man regime of Fred Glass. I would have put Kraft 1 and Reynolds 2 followed by Dolson by a bit.

Just now, Josh said:

I did for the last couple years until he kept beating Minnesota.  So I gotta give credit to the bum

Too bad we couldn't play Minnesota and Iowa every game. Only two teams he could consistently beat. 

Just now, Magnanimous said:

Random name for the sake of discussion. Ben McCollum at Northwest Missouri State is the best D-2 coach in the country and he’s only 39. 

He’s 231-30 the last eight seasons with eight conference championships and two national titles.

RegalFineAsianelephant-small.gif

Seems like he's got some coaching chops, but I'd guess there are at least a couple more steps he needs to climb before he's put in charge of a P5 program. 

We already have the discussion for the next coach options.  Thought it would be interesting to have an "on the record" thread to see who BTB legit thinks will be the next coach.  Not a wish list, but who you truly believe will be at the helm next season.  Go!