Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Interesting...as I recall those two and Mike Roberts coming as an assistant were pretty broadly known before being officially announced. Not suggesting this person doesn’t know but, for example, I could’ve predicted those without any insider knowledge. So...this is sticking one’s neck out further.

One of his posts said "expect Anthony Leal to commit to IU around 4:30"..I'm pretty sure he did...I was at a golf scramble that day and it was the late afternoon. Only someone with inside info would say that. 

23 minutes ago, iubb said:

Here is the thing. You issue a press release or statement if it’s status quo and Archie is staying.

You don’t hold a press conference unless you are making changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hope it's not just about accepting an NIT bid.....(sigh)

Dolson is a worse AD than Fred Glass and I didn’t think that that was possible. I wish there was a way to get the entire fanbase to boycott and make them play in front of an empty Assembly Hall. IU doesn’t deserve anyone’s time or money. 

Oh well, a half empty Assembly Hall gets the same point across. A whole lot of people’s winter calendars just cleared up. 
Why? Because he hasn't said anything yet? If Indeed he doesn't fire him, I will agree with you. Because he hasn't said anything in 3 days, doesn't make him worse. Crean wasn't fired for a week.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Why? Because he hasn't said anything yet? If Indeed he doesn't fire him, I will agree with you. Because he hasn't said anything in 3 days, doesn't make him worse. Crean wasn't fired for a week.

IU tipped an NIT game at 9 pm on a Tuesday in Atlanta and Crean was fired at noon on Thursday.

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Per Zach Osterman, we've already made a decision not to participate (page 1772 of College Bball Thread)

so this season (maybe due to Covid?) the usual obligation of invited teams to participate has apparently been waived

43 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Nope.  IUBBInsider is just an alias Sam Story uses.

So, is the Reddit poster who predicted a press conference tomorrow Sam Story?

That would not be optimal. 

So, is the Reddit poster who predicted a press conference tomorrow Sam Story? That would not be optimal. 

Again that wouldn’t make sense. You wouldn’t have a damn press conference to say nothing is changing. You issue a press release because then you don’t need to answer questions from the press. If he has a press conference to say nothing is changing he is going to be getting hammered by the press asking questions.

Press conference= coaching change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think if the money has been raised and there are interested coaches that the administration would just make the move....especially knowing the negative effect keeping Archie would have on sales and merchandising, etc..

Maybe the coaches weren't as interested as it sounded?

If what Landers mom text Archie is true he’s gone! Regardless of his performance this year he’s gonna b good! We’ll probably get Durham back for a 5th year which will definitely put my fandom on ice! 
I missed it if it was in the game thread. What was said?