Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I wonder what Archie and Scott are doing during the selection show..

What does the team as a whole do? Do they get together at all to watch this knowing their name isn’t gonna be called? Is it still interesting b/c it’s college basketball? 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If he does come back it’s not because Dolson didn’t try. The trustees have not been behind this. I still think Archie won’t coach another game at IU

I’ll believe he’s back when I see it. I still can’t see him coming back. It makes no sense

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If he does come back it’s not because Dolson didn’t try. The trustees have not been behind this. I still think Archie won’t coach another game at IU

If Dolson tried and trustees blocked it, then Archie should know his time is drawing near. He should get out before he is fired next off season. 

28 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Sucks that IU handcuffs its ADs from being able to do their job. It’s like the position is just there to raise money from donors while the big decisions get made by someone else. In any event, Dolson will be the guy carrying the stink on him because he’s the public face of the department. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ll believe he’s back when I see it. I still can’t see him coming back. It makes no sense

Zero winning seasons in the bigten and collectively over the 4 year period I believe we are 10th out of 14

IU should fire him even if he offered to coach for free

4 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

What does the team as a whole do? Do they get together at all to watch this knowing their name isn’t gonna be called? Is it still interesting b/c it’s college basketball? 

We always see the videos of teams going nuts when their name is called. I've always kind of wanted to see one for a team that wasn't chosen. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Would you guess he takes a fresh start, or you think there’s a big fish that can’t be caught until late spring?

6 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

They’re probably playing Warzone right now

Interesting.  Any idea why the trustees are hesitant to make the move?  I'm assuming it's because of the buyout.  Regardless of what people think of Archie, he's a lame duck coach.  No recruit with any real options is going to want to come to this mess.

A lame duck coach and also a decision that puts recruiting on ice

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Treesh said:

If we don’t hear anything tomorrow or at least this week. He’s staying. 

Unless Brad comes in the summer. 

Yup, or unless he flees to “greener” pastures to avoid a chilly AH

3 minutes ago, nerdvana said:

Interesting.  Any idea why the trustees are hesitant to make the move?  I'm assuming it's because of the buyout.  Regardless of what people think of Archie, he's a lame duck coach.  No recruit with any real options is going to want to come to this mess.

The trustees aren't like us (well, maybe sans Buckner). We eat, sleep, and breathe IU basketball and we even seek out Internet message boards to write about it. They don't see it that way. It's just an athletic program to them. Firing a coach and spending money is more of a nuisance than something they actively want to do.