Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

8 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Anyone else watching this OSU ILL game? My buddy and I were discussing the other day how awesome the swag is for OSU and ILL. How they are legit cool programs and cool teams. We started talking about how they were different then IU and one of the biggest things we came up with was the Nike sponsorship. We then started talking about Nike and how when you're 18, you have no money and cool swag is such an important thing in your life. Go on any website and you'll see 30 awesome nike things for a random Nike school and when its the IU section there's like 2 dumpy shirts. I don't believe adidas helps IU sell any merch what so ever and I'm not sure kids are excited about getting free Adidas gear. Go to any open Gym in the US and no kid is wearing adidas. I know Fred Glass designed our most recent uniforms which is why our tops don't match the bottoms and the cuts of our uniforms are so dumpy. IU definitely has a style issue. Does anyone else agree? I'm not against keeping the White home unis, but can we please switch our sponsorship from Adidas to Nike? and can we please add like 3 alternate jerseys with our names on the back? 

It's pathetic. I go to the Nike website and can see all kinds of stuff for all of their sponsored schools. Sure, some big schools have more items than others but at least they all have something.  I go to the Adidas site, there's almost nothing. One pair of shoes, 4 pairs of socks. Only the shoes have an IU logo on them, the socks are just red/white. 

The Adidas deal was a disaster from day 1. Never should've left Nike. 

It's pathetic. I go to the Nike website and can see all kinds of stuff for all of their sponsored schools. Sure, some big schools have more items than others but at least they all have something.  I go to the Adidas site, there's almost nothing. One pair of shoes, 4 pairs of socks. Only the shoes have an IU logo on them, the socks are just red/white. 
The Adidas deal was a disaster from day 1. Never should've left Nike. 

Michigan and UCLA both left adidas. I hope we do the same

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If he comes back next year, it could easily be the most apathetic our fanbase has ever been
really really poor decision if that is indeed the case

Agreed. I’ll be honest, I watched less this year than ever before. Like maybe parts of 1/4 of all games. If he’s back, I’ll watch even less next year. I feel like that’s a common theme with every IU fan I know.

Gettin' some vibes that aren't gonna make this place a blast

It might make it a ghosttown. I’ll ***** and moan for a few days then I’ll continue my transfer of energy to all things not IUBB. This season was my least active season ever. I’ll start treating it the way I did IUFB for 30 years. That’s how I handled this season.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Dolson is a worse AD than Fred Glass and I didn’t think that that was possible. I wish there was a way to get the entire fanbase to boycott and make them play in front of an empty Assembly Hall. IU doesn’t deserve anyone’s time or money. 

Oh well, a half empty Assembly Hall gets the same point across. A whole lot of people’s winter calendars just cleared up. 

Dolson is a worse AD than Fred Glass and I didn’t think that that was possible. I wish there was a way to get the entire fanbase to boycott and make them play in front of an empty Assembly Hall. IU doesn’t deserve anyone’s time or money. 

Oh well, a half empty Assembly Hall gets the same point across. A whole lot of people’s winter calendars just cleared up. 

The state of our athletic department is pretty solid actually - football, baseball, soccer, swimming, golf and women’s hoops. The only outlier is IUBB. So one could posit Glass did okay. Archie the bed. He checked all the boxes. He’s not up to the job. Time to move on - suits all parties.

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ll believe he’s back when I see it. There’s no justification at all to bring him back

Absolutely zero justification, which is why it’ll be so infuriating when they do. The sole reason to bring him back is the money. If he is back we know that IU simply didn’t want to spend the money. Every IU fan will know that that’s why he is back. Good luck telling the fans “hey we didn’t want to spend the money to give you a good product, but you should still buy it anyway.” 

5 minutes ago, Rookie33 said:

The state of our athletic department is pretty solid actually - football, baseball, soccer, swimming, golf and women’s hoops. The only outlier is IUBB. So one could posit Glass did okay. Archie emoji90.png the bed. He checked all the boxes. He’s not up to the job. Time to move on - suits all parties.

Basketball is the only program that really matters at IU, and it’s worse now than it has ever been. Even a good football team isn’t going to be enough as long as the basketball program stinks.

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Absolutely zero justification, which is why it’ll be so infuriating when they do. The sole reason to bring him back is the money. If he is back we know that IU simply didn’t want to spend the money. Every IU fan will know that that’s why he is back. Good luck telling the fans “hey we didn’t want to spend the money to give you a good product, but you should still buy it anyway.” 

I already didn’t watch most of the games this season. That would continue next season if the worst comes to fruition

Quoting myself from a different thread to serve as a reminder:

If you don't remember what it was like when we went through this four years ago, expect the vibe to constantly shift back and forth, sometimes even within a single day. Fun times to be an IU fan!

5 minutes ago, Rookie33 said:

The state of our athletic department is pretty solid actually - football, baseball, soccer, swimming, golf and women’s hoops. The only outlier is IUBB. So one could posit Glass did okay. Archie emoji90.png the bed. He checked all the boxes. He’s not up to the job. Time to move on - suits all parties.

It's Indiana, basketball is the most visible program, and it's been mismanaged bad.

33 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Gettin' some vibes that aren't gonna make this place a blast

I promised myself that I was going to base my level of interest based off of how the university handles this situation. If they decide to keep Archie, they would be signaling to us that they don’t care to have success. If they don’t care enough to have success, I wouldn’t waste my valuable time and energy rooting for them and certainly wouldn’t be spending any of my money so that it could make it’s way into the hands of the university. That may sound dramatic and juvenile but honestly it’s where I’m at. I’m tapped. They bring him back, I’m done for good and I’m certain many more will feel the same way. It would be an absolutely catastrophic decision for the program. I won’t be around to see or hear the blowback but I already feel bad for the players and the student body. They are getting a raw deal.