Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

When Sampson persuaded Eric Gordon to decommit from Illinois and commit to IU, I was dancing a jig.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Lots of Illinois fans wouldn't talk to me for a few days after that. Not that I cared.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It sounds like Sean is keeping his job in Arizona but he threw his staff under the bus.

So potentially very good news it Pitt opens up.

Also if the plan is “move on for willing top tier candidate,” and Dolson and Archie are on the same page, as Dolson said, you’d think it might motivate Archie to move for the right gig, since that probably looks better than being replaced.

Maybe not.

I’d be shocked if Archie wanted to stay in the B1G (Penn St.) considering how it’s absolutely railed him the last 4 years.
As long as he’s gone, I’m good. 

Meanwhile....... this photo has brought me to new iubb related lows. 
98566ACE-F285-4D33-9535-8334F9E85DAD.thumb.jpeg.47d517d596afdedc15977332b43bc957.jpeg
Who knows? Maybe not being in the pressure cooker of IU basketball might help. More than likely it won't.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It was described to me as last time we knocked on the door and no on answered. This time we knocked, not only was it answered but they invited us in. Doesn’t mean he’s our next coach. With the season he’s having, it’s worth his time to listen. He could come back to coaching 36 games a season instead of 82 and make the same amount of money.

Bring him home Scott! This is the best chance for Stevens to IU. Let’s hope

I realize Stevens is a long shot but I’m trying to game out how he’d end up an option this cycle. By all accounts the Celts’ owner and GM genuinely want him around despite their struggles this year, which leaves two paths, the first more likely:

1. He coaches the rest of the season and leaves thereafter. Celts are 5th in the East; 4th and 11th are separated by 3 games total. If you assume the Bulls (11th) sell some vets to bolster their future, the top ten is pretty set. The NBA is bringing back the play-in tourney for seeds 7-10, which will be over May 21. If the Celtics slip to 7th or lower, they could be done then. (It’s possible but more likely in my book that they finish above that but don’t survive the first round.)

2. He leaves midseason. It would be basically unprecedented for him to do so explicitly to take a college job, but if he wants the job I wonder if they’d use a losing streak or something as a mutually agreed-upon reason to ease him out.

Feels rare for a change in May/June as #1 above would be, but if he’s your man then you absolutely do it. I just wonder if at that point it would be more likely you stick with Miller another year with an established understanding with Stevens that it’s his job thereafter. (Of course we’d prefer sooner.)

Celtics have five games the last eight days of this month, if things go poorly before then that’s when you could imagine the sort of mutual “we need a new voice to salvage the season even though we love Brad” choice (especially if he’d like out).