Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

7 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I never thought we'd have a coach that would make me prefer Davis, but here we are.

Honestly, I'm not sure the administration even  wants to get it right in the first place.

I think the administration is just hoping Archie will just go away. I don’t think the trustees will do anything till our home run is wrapped up.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think the administration is just hoping Archie will just go away. I don’t think the trustees will do anything till our home run is wrapped up.

So basically Dolson is putting feelers out there. Once he has his guy, they'll can Archie? 

4 minutes ago, Hoosiereyedoc said:

Like resign or something?

Probably take another job. If he would seriously consider taking another job, he should be pursuing the New Mexico job. That is a good gig. Manageable conference and great fan support. Alford was stupid to leave there. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Boston College is open, Penn St. maybe another one opens

CBS' coaching tracker; the only big jobs open so far are the 2 you mentioned and New Mexico next level down.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-coaching-changes-san-jose-state-fires-jean-prioleau-a-few-bigger-jobs-await-their-fate/

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Probably take another job. If he would seriously consider taking another job, he should be pursuing the New Mexico job. That is a good gig. Manageable conference and great fan support. Alford was stupid to leave there. 

Wouldn't be the first time an IU coach was connected to New Mexico. 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Boston College is open, Penn St. maybe another one opens

2 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

CBS' coaching tracker; the only big jobs open so far are the 2 you mentioned and New Mexico next level down.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-coaching-changes-san-jose-state-fires-jean-prioleau-a-few-bigger-jobs-await-their-fate/

Is Penn State at all interested in retaining their interim guy? Thought he did well given the circumstances.

Hoping Pitt opens, too, though Sean Miller might be angling for that one. Maybe they prefer the cleaner option?

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Is Penn State at all interested in retaining their interim guy? Thought he did well given the circumstances.

Hoping Pitt opens, too, though Sean Miller might be angling for that one. Maybe they prefer the cleaner option?

It sounds like Sean is keeping his job in Arizona but he threw his staff under the bus.

2 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I’d be shocked if Archie wanted to stay in the B1G (Penn St.) considering how it’s absolutely railed him the last 4 years.

As long as he’s gone, I’m good. 

Meanwhile....... this photo has brought me to new iubb related lows. 

98566ACE-F285-4D33-9535-8334F9E85DAD.jpeg

Did they take down our banners?  Or am I looking at this wrong

But if we get our Home run if it be Stevens or one of these college guys, the money is raised to buy him out & move on. 

Chris, I think you had mentioned that the Stevens camp was at least listening this time? Not getting my hopes up, but that at least is more encouraging than last time. Have you heard anything else on that front? Thanks for the info you share!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app