Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

8 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Would Love to know what was going through Dolson mind as he was walking with them. Is he made at the state of the program creating that reaction or is he more frustrated that fans could act that way.  He is, after all, part of that team 

If he's more upset at the fans than the state of the program that caused it, he's part of the problem.

7 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Just an FYI, any coach who has done well in the transfer market to build teams probably won't do as well at IU.  We struggle to land the best of the best transfers for some reason..

We need someone that can bring in solid transfers. It’s a very important part of recruiting and coaching today. Transfers have been key on a lot of good teams. Just because Indiana hasn’t had many good ones under Archie doesn’t mean we can’t do it at IU. 
knight took on plenty of transfers

I would think whoever is here next year needs to bring in several transfers. We have open scholarships 

I mention this name, not because I’m interested in us hiring. But simply just one to keep an eye on. Michael Boynton Jr at Okla St. 1st head coaching gig and into his 4th season. I don’t think he started at his job with a whole lot on the roster. Considering the whole FBI thing, recruiting is gaining momentum as well. And lastly, he’s only 39.

Only makes a mil per year, for now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

12 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I mention this name, not because I’m interested in us hiring. But simply just one to keep an eye on. Michael Boynton Jr at Okla St. 1st head coaching gig and into his 4th season. I don’t think he started at his job with a whole lot on the roster. Considering the whole FBI thing, recruiting is gaining momentum as well. And lastly, he’s only 39.

Only makes a mil per year, for now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He pulled in Cade Cunningham and that team is rolling right now. Lots of confidence. Even won the game without Cunningham playing. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosiereyedoc said:

I’m not sure what to think. People here and on a couple other forums are hearing he’s gone, but Brian snow on Peegs is saying there’s no buzz at all about him being fired in the athletic department. If that’s true I’ll lose my mind lol

That’s not even possible. Maybe it’s not certain that he will be fired but it is absolutely a topic whether openly being discussed or behind closed doors, it’s just too important and topical for there not to be buzz in the AD dept about it

Last time IU missed the postseason entirely BEFORE Miller’s first year, 2014, we got a short Glass quote after selections: https://www.insidethehall.com/2014/03/16/indiana-left-out-of-nit-field/

I doubt we hear anything formally this weekend. But a statement or a decision publicly Monday seems a reasonable assumption.

11 minutes ago, Hoosiereyedoc said:

I’m not sure what to think. People here and on a couple other forums are hearing he’s gone, but Brian snow on Peegs is saying there’s no buzz at all about him being fired in the athletic department. If that’s true I’ll lose my mind lol

If that was coming from any of the other people on that site I would believe it in a heartbeat. Coming from Snow though I take everything that he says with a grain of salt. 

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

That’s not even possible. Maybe it’s not certain that he will be fired but it is absolutely a topic whether openly being discussed or behind closed doors, it’s just too important and topical for there not to be buzz in the AD dept about it

That’s what I would think but he said he’s “very confident” nothing is moving as if he is going to be fired and the general feeling in the coaching world/AD is that his job is safe right now. What the actual hell?!

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Yeah to me this was all carefully worded. “No buzz in the dept.” might also be taken to mean Dolson is running a leak-free operation (good).

Just now, brandct said:

If that was coming from any of the other people on that site I would believe it in a heartbeat. Coming from Snow though I take everything that he says with a grain of salt. 

Yeah if Rabby says it, it’s all over

2 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Yeah to me this was all carefully worded. “No buzz in the dept.” might also be taken to mean Dolson is running a leak-free operation (good).

I would think that too but he said usually there is movement when a coaching change is coming and there’s no movement right now. Again, maybe he’s full of ****. He’s just weirdly confident about it so idk I’m just concerned I guess lol

33 minutes ago, Hoosiereyedoc said:

I would think that too but he said usually there is movement when a coaching change is coming and there’s no movement right now. Again, maybe he’s full of ****. He’s just weirdly confident about it so idk I’m just concerned I guess lol

His source is probably Archie or Sean Miller. His relationship with the Miller’s goes back to Sean coaching at Xavier and Snow being around that program. So take it with a grain of salt since his story will be coming from their camp. 

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

His source is probably Archie or Sean Miller. His relationship with the Miller’s goes back to Sean coaching at Xavier and Snow being around that program. So take it with a grain of salt since his story will be coming from their camp. 

He said he hasn’t spoken to Archie since before the pandemic. Could be a lie but that’s what he said

9 minutes ago, Feathery said:

7 minutes ago, Hoosiereyedoc said:

He said he hasn’t spoken to Archie since before the pandemic. Could be a lie but that’s what he said

?

https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/coaches/bill-comar/2993

31 minutes ago, lillurk said:

That could be his source, not sure. He obviously didn’t give any hints other than saying it was not Archie that he’s hearing from and that he could care less about making Archie feel better by reporting that he’s not going anywhere. He’s getting crucified by fans on the board lol it’s obviously not what ANY of us want to hear

1 hour ago, Hoosiereyedoc said: