Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, lillurk said:

I know the buyout/money angle has been discussed, but I think folks are going to want to leave the house and use disposable income post-pandemic and IU could benefit if they had something new and exciting to promote. Not do much if it’s more of the same.

Yup. If Archie Miller is the coach I won't be attending any games next year. If he's not, I'll probably go to one. It's that simple. 

Just now, 8bucks said:

What makes you say that. I watched on my admittingly small phone but looked like a guy just walking next to another guy. Now if you mean the crowd and those comments then I get it. 

Yes I meant every time you lose people treating you like that. That’s no fun. Probably can’t go out in town.

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes I meant every time you lose people treating you like that. That’s no fun. Probably can’t go out in town.

Would Love to know what was going through Dolson mind as he was walking with them. Is he made at the state of the program creating that reaction or is he more frustrated that fans could act that way.  He is, after all, part of that team 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I’m hearing there is no consensus among trustees. It’s 50/50 and they might have to vote on it. Just seems crazy to me. Why we have to jump through this many hoops when the money is there. Hopefully I’m getting bad info this time.

Screw the trustees.  Donolson needs to step up and unload Archie.  It's his job.  If the Trustee's want to fire Donolson for doing his job, then so be it.  

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Thank you! I’m in law school out of state so I didn’t have the misfortune of having Archie for my four years at IU. I got Crean’s last four years instead... Little did I know at the time that it would get even worse, lol. Two NCAA tournament appearances and a Big 10 title was living it up compared to what this year’s seniors got. 

I feel so bad for the students/players.  I got Knight in his prime and an 87 championship.  Good times indeed.  That's the way it should be.  We gotta get back there, just have to.  

14 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

What did Mussleman take over at Arkansas? Did he have a good team to work with? Is he a better than Mack?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Much better to me. Players coach, really good at X and O, dad was a famous coach has been in the NBA, college everywhere and won.

5 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I feel so bad for the students/players.  I got Knight in his prime and an 87 championship.  Good times indeed.  That's the way it should be.  We gotta get back there, just have to.  

I was there about that time -- 86-91 (I was on the five-year plan). Got to see the transition from Alford to Edwards to Cheaney. I'm not an Archie hater, but I do think it's time for a change. Having been there when I was, it's amazing to me to think there could be empty seats at a B1G game (as there have been during Archie's tenure -- even before the pandemic). Man, I remember a handful of games sitting up in the balcony a mile from the court -- and loving every minute of it. 

5 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

What did Mussleman take over at Arkansas? Did he have a good team to work with? Is he a better than Mack?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The team prior to him taking over was led by three guys-- Daniel Gafford, Mason Jones, and Isaiah Joe.  Gaffney turned pro, while Jones and Joe stayed for Musselman's first year.  All three are now playing in the NBA, so that was definitely a good trio.  Musselman also brought in Jimmy Whitt, grad transfer from SMU, and he averaged 14 ppg during Musselman's first year.

This season he has seven guys averaging 7+ ppg:

Moses Moody:  freshman averaging 17.5 points and 5.7 rebounds.  #37 player rated in the 2020 class.

J.D. Notae:  junior who transferred from Jacksonville and redshirted last under.  Brought in by Musselman.  averaging 13 ppg.  Numbers look a lot like Al Durham.

Justin Smith.....grad transfer from IU.

Jalen Tate:  grad transfer from Northern Kentucky University.  averaging 11 points, 4 board, 4 assists.

Desi Sills:  junior who was brought in a played for the previous coach.  Averaged 5.3 points as a freshman under previous coach, now averages 8.8 points as a junior.

DaVonte Davis:  freshman averaging 7.5 points/4 boards.  #119th rated recruit.

Connor Vanover:  7'3" redshirt sophomore who transferred from California to Arkansas under Musselman.  Averaging 7 points/5 boards.

So of the top 7 in the rotation, he was responsible for bringing in 6 of them, so even thought he's just been there two years, the guys on the floor are truly his guys:

2 freshman

2 grad transfers who came in this year

2 players who trasferred in Musselman's first year and are now playing in Musselman's second year;  both will be back next year

1 junior whom he wasn't responsible for bringing in.

So while he inherited two NBA players for his first year, he brought in 6 guys who are playing at Arkansas in their first year this season.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Scott Drew losing in March, scratch him from the list

What have I been saying for the past two weeks.. 

Just wait till Mussleman craps the bed.

EDIT: I know Arkansas fans and they wanted his head on a spike last year. At time this year. Hard group to please down there. I have them out the sweet 16.