Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I’m hearing there is no consensus among trustees. It’s 50/50 and they might have to vote on it. Just seems crazy to me. Why we have to jump through this many hoops when the money is there. Hopefully I’m getting bad info this time.

They don't have the emotional attachment we do. It's just a basketball program to them. That's my best guess. Can't think of any other reason. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m hearing there is no consensus among trustees. It’s 50/50 and they might have to vote on it. Just seems crazy to me. Why we have to jump through this many hoops when the money is there. Hopefully I’m getting bad info this time.

I truly don’t know how the trustees could watch this season, watch us get beat by Purdue every time we play them, and still be 50/50 of the money is there. Just makes me sad as someone who loves IU. We are our own worst enemy. 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well, I’m gonna go drink. Someone let me know if you hear anything 

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If accurate then it seems the idea of spending big money on a home run is not likely either. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I hope you are too. Anyone with a vested interest in IU basketball who could sit though the last 4 seasons and believe nothing needs to be done just doesn’t truly give two shits. Nothing will change next year except the seats will be slightly more filled than this year. For a while.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see actual protests outside assembly hall if they say Archie will be back.

I don’t like Gregg Doyel, but he is correct. The entire fan base wants him gone and it could get ugly if they don’t get their way. Hope it doesn’t come to that

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If accurate then it seems the idea of spending big money on a home run is not likely either. 
Insane cause if you could get brad you pay for it ten fold. Get a coach with any success and you got major fan support. Why keep us in the cellar

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Haha, what about the last 20 years makes anyone think they'll actually do the right thing?  And if they accidentally do the right thing, they'll trip over their own dicks trying to find the right replacement.  
I actually haven't been disappointed in any of their decisions up to this point. Non have worked but I feel the effort has been there. Keep archie after this year and were toast though

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see actual protests outside assembly hall if they say Archie will be back.

I don’t like Gregg Doyel, but he is correct. The entire fan base wants him gone and it could get ugly if they don’t get their way. Hope it doesn’t come to that

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You might get a few passionate fans.  The majority of the student body is impatiently waiting for the weather to warm up to drink beer on Kirkwood and attend large gatherings. 

Just now, coonhounds said:

I actually haven't been disappointed in any of their decisions up to this point. Non have worked but I feel the effort has been there. Keep archie after this year and were toast though

What made Davis qualified?

Why would you bring a sanctioned coach?

Why not cut bait with Crean earlier?

There were numerous GOOD coaches who would have taken the job.

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Was Quinn able to stop talking long enough for Dolson to ask a question? 

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Archie is a competitor but how can he want to come back??? Yes it’s his job and livelihood but IU has made him a millionaire many times over! He won’t go hungry? That video Tom Brew posted last night of fans yelling at him coming off the floor is all he needs to know about how the fan base feels about him! Gosh this is a nightmare!!!!