Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

I keep hearing that Ainge "loves Brad" but I also get the impression that Ainge's job may be in as much or more jeopardy than Stevens' is
Owner loves both

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Owner loves both

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

That tells me a lot if that's indeed true.  Kind of sucks to be honest because I'm a Pacers fan and I'd like to see both of them go.  Thanks for sharing. 

That tells me a lot if that's indeed true.  Kind of sucks to be honest because I'm a Pacers fan and I'd like to see both of them go.  Thanks for sharing. 
Someone shared an article on here that had owner quoted saying as much

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Yep. What else is a higher up supposed to say? Just like coach speak, there’s also AD/owner speak as well
Did you read it? It wasn't just a simple "he's our coach". Couple this with that BGleas has told us and I think we have the picture. If Brad comes to IU it's solely because HE wants to and it's not going to be for $.

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Did you read it? It wasn't just a simple "he's our coach". Couple this with that BGleas has told us and I think we have the picture. If Brad comes to IU it's solely because HE wants to and it's not going to be for $.

Yes I did read it. People say a lot of things that don’t end up being true. I do agree that Brad would leave on his own though. It’s as good a time as ever right now. If IU and Stevens ever becomes reality, this is the time

12 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

From a coach that knows Brad he has said that there is only 1 job in college that Brad would ever leave the NBA for... I think everyone knows what job that is. 

To go with this the same coach said that Brad liked the NBA but was starting to get a little annoyed by the complaining that goes on in the NBA from people make more money than him. I’m sure you all can figure out what he meant by that. I’m sure if that was an issue a year ago I couldn’t imagine what he’s thinking now with these struggles.

Yes I did read it. People say a lot of things that don’t end up being true. I do agree that Brad would leave on his own though. It’s as good a time as ever right now. If IU and Stevens ever becomes reality, this is the time
I can agree with everything you said.

7 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

To go with this the same coach said that Brad liked the NBA but was starting to get a little annoyed by the complaining that goes on in the NBA from people make more money than him. I’m sure you all can figure out what he meant by that. I’m sure if that was an issue a year ago I couldn’t imagine what he’s thinking now with these struggles.

Along with the fact that the Nets will be East champions as long as that team is together, it’s feasible to think that Brad Stevens could be the next coach at IU

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We had a verbally and physically abusive coach for three decades and he had no problem getting recruits. Our fanbase won’t keep players away. We just need to win and they’ll come. 

Completely different time.  If you have talent you can play anywhere and get noticed by the NBA now.  

It's actually pretty clear what is going to happen if you think about it. 

To see the direction of Brad Stevens, we just have to look at his opposite...

Former professional wrestler Steve Bradley. 

Steve Bradley was a wrestler that was born in Boston and raised in the northeast. He left the area to pursue fortune and fame, bigger things, including stops in the Ohio Valley. But he eventually returned home to the northeast. Hard to keep a Steve Bradley (or in this case, a Bradley Stevens) away from home too long. 

We got him, folks. 

Edited by BtownStrength

17 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

It's actually pretty clear what is going to happen if you think about it. 

To see the direction of Brad Stevens, we just have to look at the opposite...

Former professional wrestler Steve Bradley. 

Steve Bradley was a wrestler that was born in Boston and raised in the northeast. He left the area to pursue fortune and fame, bigger things, including stops in the Ohio Valley. But he eventually returned home to the northeast. Hard to keep a Steve Bradley (or in this case, a Bradley Stevens) away from home too long. 

We got him, folks. 

The "real" Steve Bradley was an IU quarterback in the mid-1980s. 

I think he was a three-year starter ... 

bradley.jpg

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yes, that’s the one title that they have won since 1986. 

And they had five coaches between K.C. Jones and Doc Rivers. Boston expects success and the Brad Stevens-Jayson Tatum-Jaylen Brown trio hasn’t cut it and won’t cut it.