Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

I think I saw Scott walk into Cook Hall this morning with a giant contract extension and a fancy pen! 

If so, I hope the pen was filled with disappearing ink....

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

As I've said before, the situation has to be resolved quickly for recruiting purposes.  Either he's coming back or he's not but dancing in the dark isn't going to cut it.

I would dance in the dark with her...

NJmkaDJ.gif

But to your point...I agree.

Edited by FritzIam4IU

15 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Lol. I’ll give any new coach a chance. Can’t say I’m a Alford supporter per se. but you took the top coaches off the table. I’ll roll with a guy who has been successful and has a track record. IU absolutely can’t go with an up and comer again because the risk is too great. If IU basketball gets this hire wrong and kiss the program goodbye. It’s on life support and I think the next coach comes from the list you took off the table or someone of that caliber. But in your scenario, Alford gets the nod. 

I understand the reasons why Alford isn't a popular option to many of us, but purely from a basketball standpoint he was fired at UCLA for never finishing higher than 2nd in the conference, not getting past the Sweet 16, and missing the tournament one time in five years.  I would be over the moon for those results at this point.    

4 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

I understand the reasons why Alford isn't a popular option to many of us, but purely from a basketball standpoint he was fired at UCLA for never finishing higher than 2nd in the conference, not getting past the Sweet 16, and missing the tournament one time in five years.  I would be over the moon for those results at this point.    

He is an improvement over Archie and I believe his career winning percentage is similar to that of Drew's. 

5 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

100% agree.  I absolutely don't consider SA to be in my preferred group of potential replacements, but I'm reasonably confident he'd be an improvement over our past 2 coaches.  

Compare Alford at Nevada with Musselman at the same spot.

Another worthwhile reason to move quickly: recruiting includes keeping the current roster together to the extent you can / want to.

4 minutes ago, Treesh said:

It's happening today in the afternoon or it's a Monday thing imo.

If we don't hear of anything by this time next week.. 

I initially thought today but now not so sure. But the wheels are turning at Assembly Hall today. But Dolson is not making this decision by himself. But he's also doing it so there won't be many leaks. 

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

Let's have a fun game today. Let's saying the following names are off the list for obvious reasons we've discussed.

- Stevens, Beard, Drew, Donavan, Matta, Mack, Mussleman, Wes Miller, and Belien.

What do you do if you're Scott Dolson in that case? 

Resign    :92:

9 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Compare Alford at Nevada with Musselman at the same spot.

Another worthwhile reason to move quickly: recruiting includes keeping the current roster together to the extent you can / want to.

Well Musselman had 7 losses his second year and Alford has 9 so that's not a big difference. Nevada has also played like 10 fewer games because of the type of season it's been. I will say this. Alford's Nevada team can shoot 3's and hit FT's.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I initially thought today but now not so sure. But the wheels are turning at Assembly Hall today. But Dolson is not making this decision by himself. But he's also doing it so there won't be many leaks. 

Guess I should head over to the Varsity Shop and pretend I'm "shopping".