Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

18 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Could we just hold on to Archie until Brad gives us the signal? 

Having an interim for a long period of time would be concerning to the fan base potentially. 

This time tomorrow Archie could walk away on his own for all we know. Maybe we should keep an eye out for the news tomorrow around 4PM!

I think the fan base would be fine if the end result got us our dream coach

Just now, Capt. Crimson said:

Those guys and Assembly Call are always on the super positive side of the spectrum. 

Yes they can't decipher from being positive and what success is! Assembly Call was all about how sad Al Durham didn't get a senior day sendoff because of all the hard work he put in the last 4 years. With all due respect to Al but what did teams he was on accomplish these last 4 years. I may be in the minority but you don't have success you don't deserve accolades. Participation trophy mentality!

55 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Not sure if it's been discussed, but how would you all feel about CAM getting fired, and one of the assistants being named interim (either for next season, or just until we get our guy)?  Not advocating for or against, just trying to add a variable to the discussion. 

We did that 21 years ago. Many think that's a contributing factor to our current status of mediocrity. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I didn't know you were one of those two guys. You've been saying that forever. :-)

If Brad isn't coming.. then.. :farting_smiley:

8 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Should I give them the Sam Story Treatment in hopes they take their ball and go home?

You should give them gift cards to Buffalouis. They love that spot! 

8 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Where did they say this?

On the latest episode on Peegs when they go against Rabjohns. 

If IU were to hire a coach that wasn't available to join the team until May or June, it's possible that the eventual head coach knows he'll be at IU months in advance and at least one new assistant coach would be named earlier to guide the team in his absence.

The other possibility, which has happened, is that one of the old assistant coaches is retained for a few more months to oversee team activities until a month or two later when the new coaches arrive. 

12 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Those guys and Assembly Call are always on the super positive side of the spectrum. 

Andy and Coach are, Ryan goes back and forth, but Jared to me comes off pretty negative. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Uhh... Nope. I can 100% gurantee that if Archie returns, you'll see the absolute nastiest side of the Hoosier fanbase that's ever been seen. 

I was saying the fan base would be fine with an interim coach for a while if they got their dream coach out of it. 

If we were to part with Archie but wait on an NBA coach that would be pretty risky unless we have a definitive yes. There have been several big schools fire a coach but have their top candidate say no. I remember a few times Brad Stevens said no and schools went on to plan B. 

I know some discussions can take place ahead of time but I have heard coaches say they won’t discuss a job until there is a vacancy. So if Brad or another NBA target has given an initial positive response i hope we have a good plan B in place because it will be late in the process by then. 

The most recent pro to college coach situation that would be when Stephanie White took the Vanderbilt women's job while finishing out the season coaching the fever. She hired Carolyn Peck as an assistant right away and she helped run things at Vanderbilt until the WNBA season ended. I would think that Brad could do something similar if he wanted. 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was saying the fan base would be fine with an interim coach for a while if they got their dream coach out of it. 

Does it have to be an assistant we already have? I'm not sure they actually do anything. I'd trust Garl before any of them.