Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Wouldn't it be something to see this team win the tournament.  Archie freaking Miller. The first Indiana Basketball coach to win the Big Ten Tournament! A nice little bonus for him as well! 

I honestly think we’d all love to see this and then it snowball into a glorious career for Archie and IU, but ....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

I fear Hoiberg has met his match in Nebraska.  He’s always lived on bringing in transfer....Nebraska is a hard sell.

It is, and I don't see how flipping nearly his whole roster with new transfers every year is any better than recruiting high school kids, but apparently that's his model.  However, he actually has a 5-star guard coming in next year as well as a top-150 C, which gives Nebraska the 3rd ranked 2021 class in the Big Ten.   The guard is Trey McGowens' brother, but credit to Hoiberg for getting a good class locked up.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They were also a better defensive team this year than us...

I noticed that too, I had to look at it a second time to make sure I was seeing it right but it's true.  They were two spots higher than Indiana in adjusted defensive efficiency at 41st nationally and, as we would all expect, they were way better at 3 point fg defense than Indiana.

15 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

It is, and I don't see how flipping nearly his whole roster with new transfers every year is any better than recruiting high school kids, but apparently that's his model.  However, he actually has a 5-star guard coming in next year as well as a top-150 C, which gives Nebraska the 3rd ranked 2021 class in the Big Ten.   The guard is Trey McGowens' brother, but credit to Hoiberg for getting a good class locked up.

But IU is ranked higher of course right? Wait...nevermind :-(.

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Oh?

Not really. No one really knows still.   But IU is in the post season and once IU is done Dolson is going to have to make a difficult decision.   50/50.  Might has well throw a dart at the outcome is see what happens.    My dart says that won’t make a change 

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Whenever we lose yes it will be. It's distant but I think I see white smoke coming from the Vatican. 

I don’t think that smoke is coming from the Vatican. I think it’s coming from this dumpster fire that’s going on at 1001 E 17th St, Bloomington, IN 47408. 

EB9C8682-9E0F-492B-9CED-856781E0BD6E.jpeg

8 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I don’t that smokes coming from the Vatican. I think it’s coming from this dumpster fire that’s going on at 1001 E 17th St, Bloomington, IN 47408. 

EB9C8682-9E0F-492B-9CED-856781E0BD6E.jpeg

I like that Dolson isn't afraid to get in there and get his hands dirty!

1 minute ago, Woodson1980 said:

I was fine till sixty and then it was like the Time to pay for everything you ever did physically switch was activated.

Sounds like I've only got a few good years left.

Candidates aside, Dolson has to see how much of a dumpster fire it would be to retain Archie. I’ve never seen the fanbase more done with a coach because of results. This is one of, if not the, worst 4 year stretches in our entire history. To retain him would tell me Dolson has no pulse on this program and that he’s just another yes man. It would get soooo ugly. I just don’t see how he stays.