Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

42 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I appreciate your info and your response although it doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. I have a question and it's not necessarily just for you Pap although I'd like to get your take on it. So from an athletic standpoint IU basketball is #1 in brand recognition at Indiana and I don't think any will argue that. A vast majority of that fan base has lost belief in this staff. So wouldn't you say to not make a change at HC of the BB team(which is what that same majority wants)but then to give the football coach a raise in March when basketball is still at the front of everyone's mind is very bad timing from an optics or PR standpoint? And then by doing all of that wouldn't that be driving the wedge even deeper and causing even more animosity from the fan base? I get fans don't matter in the moment but over the course of time they do. I'm not trying to combat you Pap, I'm really not, just something I thought of after taking in the realization that a change very well may not be coming.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Could it possibly be that TA was potentially getting poached by another school?

Could it possibly be that TA was potentially getting poached by another school?
I could get that but in March? Who besides Kansas is looking? Again I agree with paying the man but just seems like they could've waited a month or 2 before telling everyone if they didn't plan to make a change in BB.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Greetings fellow Hoosiers! I come from the great basketball beyond. Gazing into my crystal ball I see a coach in the republic making a lot of calls behind the scenes to Indiana. Will he be successful in his quest to be our next coach? Doh! Outlook is still cloudy.

7 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

Definitely not taking this as combative, as you mentioned. Good questions, I'll answer what I do know.

I do agree it's not the best time/optics. Unfortunately, the other option is worse. Select a guy you aren't feeling for sure, hire him, pay the buy-out on CAM, pay the salary. Not invest in a program that makes more than 2.5x the storied basketball program. Be back where you're at right now 4 years from now. I get why everyone is looking for a change, I think you do have to consider the flip of the coin and not just next year.

Fans do make a difference. Donors make more of a difference. TV deals...mwah. Archie Miller, Tom Allen and Scott Dolson took paycuts...

I agree.

This situation is too fragile to mess up. We need to be certain with the next candidate if we're going to buy-out this large contract. I don't know any donors but I can imagine it would be silly to buy-out Archie and settle for a lateral move. Would make more sense to wait out the extra year and everyone saves money.

Perhaps it's also important to take a look into the landscape of open jobs in college basketball currently. Archie has to seek out employment if he's fired. He's not going to take Indiana State. But if there were more open jobs that he could fit, we would be off the leash perhaps. I'm not exactly sure how many head coaching jobs will be saved this year. COVID.. 

47 minutes ago, ClairvoyantHoosier said:

Greetings fellow Hoosiers! I come from the great basketball beyond. Gazing into my crystal ball I see a coach in the republic making a lot of calls behind the scenes to Indiana. Will he be successful in his quest to be our next coach? Doh! Outlook is still cloudy.

Republic?  Texas?  California?

13 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

Yup, but nobody will offer AM that IMO. 3.2 is top 20 or 25 pay. 

I was surprised UGA gave Crean that, but I can understand why they did. And Crean's resume is better than AM.

It’s hard to compare Crean who’s been a HC for 21 years to Archie who’s been one for 10. That being said one doesn’t stand out from the other.

57 minutes ago, ClairvoyantHoosier said:

BRAD STEVENS is what I read from here boys. 

1 hour ago, ClairvoyantHoosier said:

Homer Drew - Doh

Scott Drew -  Republic

I hope he is pining for the IU job, that would be amazing