Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, Hovadipo said:

I guess not, even though it’s kind of goofy. I get that side of it for sure. I appreciate his highs while also realizing why it was time to move on and how much better things could/should be than “4 good seasons since our current roster’s parents were probably in their teens”.

Yeah, if you’re talking about the group of guys who used to run Crimson Quarry, it’s at least partially tongue-in-cheek.

And given the challenges at the time of his hire, IU did alright.

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Yeah, if you’re talking about the group of guys who used to run Crimson Quarry, it’s at least partially tongue-in-cheek.

And given the challenges at the time of his hire, IU did alright.

They’re definitely the ring leaders. And they make good points no doubt. I was a huge Crean guy until basically the end. My IU fanhood really blossomed with him, so he’ll always hold a small corner of my heart. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

They’re definitely the ring leaders. And they make good points no doubt. I was a huge Crean guy until basically the end. My IU fanhood really blossomed with him, so he’ll always hold a small corner of my heart. 

He definitely inherited as bad of a Big Ten team as I'd ever seen and eventually got us to a #1 seed.  I do think he was given too much crap for the loss to Syracuse that year.  The one thing I didn't like about him is that he did sometimes call players out in public in cases where I thought he should have been keeping it internal.

He definitely inherited as bad of a Big Ten team as I'd ever seen and eventually got us to a #1 seed.  I do think he was given too much crap for the loss to Syracuse that year.  The one thing I didn't like about him is that he did sometimes call players out in public in cases where I thought he should have been keeping it internal.

If Crean could have cloned Cody Zeller he would still be our coach (loved those 2 seasons). But we seemed mostly lost without CZ. Or if he cared at all about defending.

But, For sure:

Crean >>>>>> Archie Miller.

Who woulda thunk it.

Indiana CAN and should do better than both of them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I'd really like to know the absolute truth about matta's health. I could see him being at the top of the list IF he's good to go.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I’d take him over some of the other names I’ve seen even if he had to coach in a wheelchair.

28 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

When that 2012-13 team was rolling I know we could have won it all.  The BT was strong that year and we beat a ton of good teams but our finish that year was terrible. After a great win at #4 Michigan State on Feb 19th we were basically a .500 team the rest of the year. We were 24-3 with wins over 2 top 5 teams and many over top 15 teams. 

Then something happened. Over our last 9 games we won 5 and lost 4. We did poorly in the BTT and looked bad as we barely beat the 9 seed Temple. So while Syracuse is the lightning rod the last 6 weeks of the season we were a different team. 

I’d take him over some of the other names I’ve seen even if he had to coach in a wheelchair.
I've made it clear he is in my top 3 but I do have some concerns with the health.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

I was good with Crean until he lashed out at that Michigan assistant on live TV. Started to lose me after that.

Indiana coach Tom Crean, moments after a heated exchange with a Michigan assistant coach following the Hoosiers' 72-71 victory to win the Big Ten title.

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

When that 2012-13 team was rolling I know we could have won it all.  The BT was strong that year and we beat a ton of good teams but our finish that year was terrible. After a great win at #4 Michigan State on Feb 19th we were basically a .500 team the rest of the year. We were 24-3 with wins over 2 top 5 teams and many over top 15 teams. 

Then something happened. Over our last 9 games we won 5 and lost 4. We did poorly in the BTT and looked bad as we barely beat the 9 seed Temple. So while Syracuse is the lightning rod the last 6 weeks of the season we were a different team. 

What was the timing of the Hulls injury?

4 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I was good with Crean until he lashed out at that Michigan assistant on live TV. Started to lose me after that.

Indiana coach Tom Crean, moments after a heated exchange with a Michigan assistant coach following the Hoosiers' 72-71 victory to win the Big Ten title.

I thought that was hilariously Crean, but would understand why it would rub people the wrong way. 

40 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I'd really like to know the absolute truth about matta's health. I could see him being at the top of the list IF he's good to go.

Yeah, there's something funny there.  Why did Ohio State pay him his $9M buyout if he quit due to health issues?  There's something else we don't know.

25 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

FWIW, Crean did call and apologize to Jeff Meyer.  While I do agree that was not the time nor venue for Crean to do that, I have to say as a fan I have the same sentiment toward Sampson and his staff.

31 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

He didn’t know the cameras were on him when he said that.

Bob Knight did much worse.

I have no problem with it.