Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I am a fan of Coach Chris Mack. With better version line of pack.

Scott Drew you say? Oh no, oh no! Deporting players, away they go!

Well maybe we get Andy En. His wife comes too? Oh yay! Oh when?

John Belien is too old for me. He’s soon approaching 93.

What’s that I hear, a tooting Fife? I want him not, not on my life.

There is a man, a perfectly match. All for the secret plan I hatch. A mistake on the lake, this plan I bake? This coach would be no rube, no fake. The man who rests at Cleveland State. this coach could be our perfect mate, we must pursue Coach Dennis Gates!

Now this is the content I'm looking for!

55 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

As much as the first four years have not gone well, I believe it is also relevant that there is very, very little hope that year five will go well either.

If we had big time recruits coming to save the day that would be highly relevant. We do not, and our best player is very likely gone too.

If we stay the course for another year it will very much appear that we are waving the white flag in basketball.

In Indiana.

At Indiana University.

I might be alone on this and I’m not advocating to keep Miller but assuming we lose TJD and Durham with no other transfers and Brunk comes back with the addition of Stewart we are a slightly better team next year.  Slightly better meaning sneaking into the tournament.  

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I am a fan of Coach Chris Mack. With better version line of pack.

Scott Drew you say? Oh no, oh no! Deporting players, away they go!

Well maybe we get Andy En. His wife comes too? Oh yay! Oh when?

John Belien is too old for me. He’s soon approaching 93.

What’s that I hear, a tooting Fife? I want him not, not on my life.

There is a man, a perfectly match. All for the secret plan I hatch. A mistake on the lake, this plan I bake? This coach would be no rube, no fake. The man who rests at Cleveland State. this coach could be our perfect mate, we must pursue Coach Dennis Gates!

Well done. I don’t know if Gates is the perfect fit or not but he seems like a no brainer to talk to.

put feelers out to 20 coaches, narrow down to 5 and dig in deep on everything to avoid hiring someone with major flaws that has proven they cannot and will not change them

4 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

I might be alone on this and I’m not advocating to keep Miller but assuming we lose TJD and Durham with no other transfers and Brunk comes back with the addition of Stewart we are a slightly better team next year.  Slightly better meaning sneaking into the tournament.  

I think this is also a nice selling point for the hire: “hey, we think we have a nice nucleus coming back, some open spots to take a couple transfers, you don’t need to commit to a full rebuild.”

6 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

I might be alone on this and I’m not advocating to keep Miller but assuming we lose TJD and Durham with no other transfers and Brunk comes back with the addition of Stewart, Keion Brooks, Aaron Henry, or a couple other high level contributors, and probably a new coach, we are a slightly better team next year. Slightly better meaning sneaking into the tournament.  

Fixed it. 

Mack in his first three years at UL:

Recruiting classes ranked nationally #12 (Class of 2019), #26 (‘20), #5 (‘21), and Louisville has Tae Davis, a Warren Central forward, committed for 2022. Mack’s only missed the tournament once since 2009 and found pretty immediate success for Louisville after moving from Xavier.

Totally agree with a poster above that him moving from UL to IU would bring excellent PR and positive momentum. We’ll see if Dolson can make it happen

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It will take a couple of years to rebuild no matter who is hired assuming TJD leaves.I don't agree that Brunk, Stewart and the rest of the returning players make IU a slightly better team next year even without TDJ.  There is potential on the team but nobody who is enough of a difference maker to truly turn things around without adding new highly rated talent. IU has to take that into consideration if they are seriously looking at an older coach like Beilein or Matta, i.e., can the new (older) coach turn IU into a team that can compete for a conference title and in the NCAA tourney in the five years they can give before they are probably too old to continue?  That said, I believe we need to bring in a proven winner at this point.  I liked Fife as a player but there is less evidence he can coach at this level than there was for Archie.

I’m a bit concerned about another major roster turnover/rebuild if there is a coaching change. I think there are some pieces in place to be really excited about. And if TJD comes back (and he should), this could be a very strong team in 21-22’. I guess I don’t have enough inside info to know if these players love Archie or would welcome a change. 

If they have the money the only reason to wait would be if they think they can get a top flight coach next season.  Since I think the list will be the same you have to pull the plug.

I wouldn't be opposed to Mack.