Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

As much love as is heaped on Stevens on these pages, I still think I'd rather have Tony Bennett. 

I know I'm in the minority on this -- hell, I'm probably a man of one on this. But that's my take. And I do live in Virginia, so maybe that's just my bias showing.

That said, if the basketball gods somehow were to dictate that Brad Stevens abandons the leprechauns for the candy stripes, I'm not gonna complain. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

As much love as is heaped on Stevens on these pages, I still think I'd rather have Tony Bennett. 

I know I'm in the minority on this -- hell, I'm probably a man of one on this. But that's my take. 

That said, if the basketball gods somehow were to dictate that Brad Stevens abandons the leprechauns for the candy stripes, I'm not gonna complain. 

The last thing I want is Tony Bennett. His play style is literally the opposite of Indiana basketball. 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I know I'm in the minority on this -- hell, I'm probably a man of one on this. But that's my take. And I do live in Virginia, so maybe that's just my bias showing.

Nope you are not alone.  

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

In Virginia as well but count me under the Stevens camp, but he would be a great #2.

8 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Would you want to coach Oklahoma City, Sacramento, Minnesota, Orlando or Detroit? Come on no NBA coaches want those jobs. IU is better than that

John Belein left Michigan for the Cavaliers.  Think about that.  

Hell, when Thom Tibodeaux was coaching Minnesota, he made $10 million per year -- that's more than any college coach makes by a wide margin.  Stan Van Gundy was making $7 million per year in Detroit.  Money makes some places more palitable.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Both, told my wife I had to go down to the basement bar to do my homework. Good basketball & good beer heading into Brad Stevens IU interview weekend.

Putting the vibes into the universe. I dig it. Brad Stevens WILL be the next coach of our Indiana Hoosiers.

6 hours ago, hper50 said:

I can’t remember for sure, but I was thinking the news broke just as the First Round NCAA games were starting on Thursday

I think the real news broke when IU declined to host the opening round in the NIT and instead played on the road.  I'm not sure why IU decided to play in the NIT when they knew they weren't going to retain Crean.  Would have made more sense to fire Crean and then play with an interim coach.  Nothing good was going to come of a lame duck coach coaching an NIT game.

35 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The last thing I want is Tony Bennett. His play style is literally the opposite of Indiana basketball. 

Bennett's past 8 seasons:
30-7
30-4
29-8
23-11
31-3
35-3
23-7 
16-6 (this season)

Yep, pretty boring stuff ... But those results are the opposite of IU basketball recently.

30 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Their pace is now even slower if you can believe it.....pace is 357 out of 357 D1 teams accoring to Pom.  

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Bennett's past 8 seasons:
30-7
30-4
29-8
23-11
31-3
35-3
23-7 
16-6 (this season)

Pretty boring stuff ... But yes, that is the opposite of IU basketball recently.

Oh, he's a great coach and a winner.  But if I'm going to shoot for the stars, my preference is winning and enjoyable to watch.  

36 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I would not complain, although I think Brad Stevens is a better coach and the perfect fit for Indiana. Bennett is tremendous as well and we’d be lucky to have him. Still get pissed when I think about Kyle Guy not wearing candy stripes.