Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Would you want to coach Oklahoma City, Sacramento, Minnesota, Orlando or Detroit? Come on no NBA coaches want those jobs. IU is better than that
The only circumstance is similar to Urban going to Jacksonville and you're getting 4-5 years with the next Lebron/Durant level player.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. 

Each of those cities have fantastic places to live and socialize. Three of them have good/great weather. All of them allow for a coach and his family to go out in public without being stared at.

You haven't been to Detroit :)

I saw somewhere in this thread a story that Brey might be on his last legs in South Bend. 

So, how 'bout this ... 

Fife as lead, with Brey as his wingman -- ala Howard and Martelli? 

Not necessarily advocating for it; just throwing it out there as a possibility.

If Brey is cut loose, he will be 62 later this month -- might not have the energy or desire to start up again somewhere else.  

50 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I read an article from a news site in Texas.  It talked about Drew and Beard and said if IU called they should go.  Said our rightful place is with Duke, UNC, pUKE.

That author seems to think more of our program than some of our fans.

He thinks the right way. IU should be at the top with Duke, UNC, Kentucky and Kansas. It will happen again with the right coach

JS Hoosier said: "That author seems to think more of our program than some of our fans."

_________

It could be. As someone who has rarely missed a game in person or on television for over 50 years, I admit I am disgusted by the current state of our program. If you are correct and there is potentially great interest in the program by top coaches, why did IU settle for Tom Crean and Archie Miller the past 12 years? I do hope there is better interest than I realize.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

We need to track this lady down, see if we can get an update. Maybe she has social media like Facebook. If she has a plane we can meet her at the Monroe County airport for updates. 

All I remember was a she was retired from Depauw.  I think English professor but i was more interested in her thoughts on Brad than on her sadly enough

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

All I remember was a she was retired from Depauw.  I think English professor but i was more interested in her thoughts on Brad than on her sadly enough

He's the man. I remember watching his Butler team in 2010/2011 thinking "fire Crean now and get this guy". I'm pretty sure Brad's dad played football at IU. He also grew up going to games. I think he would just kill it here. I hope Dolson goes after him hard regardless. Make him tell you no a million times. 

5 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Was she attractive? That will determine how hard I will try to track her down

3 hours ago, Treesh said:

I've never said the Celtics were or should fire him. I'm telling you and the board that there is literally no hope for Brad to stay there and compete. Danny Ainge has screwed their future with the bad contract of Kemba Walker and his failure to attract key free agents after his Isiah Thomas situation.

The Celtics have no cap room, they have no assets outside of Brown and Tatum. They have a trade exception that will only be used for bad players with bad contracts (Blake Griffin, John Wall, Westbrook). Brown and Tatum are young sure but it's a players league. Tatum never wanted to play for the Celtics in the first place. One of them will request a trade and that will be the history of the Boston Celtics.

Brad has done well with this rosters given to him. He won't be fired. He will just continue to not win if he stays at the Celtics. 

We have different ideas of "compete," then. They've been making deep playoff runs over the past four years. They've been top 4 seeds the past four years. Jayson Tatum is 23 and Jaylen Brown is 24. The Celtics have them both locked up long-term. Marcus Smart is 26. They haven't completely broken through and made the Finals or won it all yet, but they're right there knocking on the door. While you see their future as bleak, I see it as pretty bright. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I see them as a team ready to compete but have stopped listening to the same coach who has been there for 7-8 years. He's lost his voice so they need a fresh new voice to take them over the top. As Larry Bird used to say if you haven't won it all in 4-5 years in the NBA you need a new coach because they've tuned you out. That is why Brad is going to step away to take over IU

Just like the Clippers this year letting Doc go

I’m  ready to be hurt like Billy Donovan all over again 
No. If we get iu sports writers saying brad is in town plus insiders on message boards saying brad stevens is getting the gig and the next day we hire Dan dakich I will be depressed like never before

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I see them as a team ready to compete but have stopped listening to the same coach who has been there for 7-8 years. He's lost his voice so they need a fresh new voice to take them over the top. As Larry Bird used to say if you haven't won it all in 4-5 years in the NBA you need a new coach because they've tuned you out. That is why Brad is going to step away to take over IU

My God that last sentence sends chills down my spine, lol. I really hope it can be more reality than most people think. A sentence like that is way more than wishful thinking. I hope you’re right! 

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

No. If we get iu sports writers saying brad is in town plus insiders on message boards saying brad stevens is getting the gig and the next day we hire Dan dakich I will be depressed like never before

But for two week at least it will be the most excitement we’ve had in 10 years. 

10 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

But for two week at least it will be the most excitement we’ve had in 10 years. 

Just think we never had this much fun when Bob Knight was the coach. Except for the final fours and national championships. Coaching searches are so exciting