Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

They spend fifteen minutes discussing IU as an option for Scott Drew.

I thought they did a good job of talking about how Scott was viewed one way early on but has changed over time 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

Interesting podcast !! They talk about Indiana & Archie around the 30 minute mark .

https://sports.yahoo.com/pete-gets-married-eyes-of-texas-mess-mississippi-kangaroo-returns-000229755.html

Forde said in this podcast and wrote in that Drew column the other day that we went after Bennett when we hired Archie. I think he's off by one coach. Everything I've read indicates we went after him when we hired Crean ... Also, one of the guys throws Bobby Hurley's name out there. I haven't been impressed by him at all. 

15 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Forde said in this podcast and wrote in that Drew column the other day that we went after Bennett when we hired Archie. I think he's off by one coach. Everything I've read indicates we went after him when we hired Crean ... Also, one of the guys throws Bobby Hurley's name out there. I haven't been impressed by him at all. 

Not to mention Hurley is a ******* Hurley. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

Interesting podcast !! They talk about Indiana & Archie around the 30 minute mark .

https://sports.yahoo.com/pete-gets-married-eyes-of-texas-mess-mississippi-kangaroo-returns-000229755.html

I love a lot about this podcast removing the Scott Drew stuff. They talk about the people who compare IU hoops to Tennessee or Nebraska football being way off. They talk about people saying Baylor is a better job than IU being way off. They talk about Indiana still being a great job, several reasons why it's still a great job. Forde talks about going to the Baylor/Kansas game in Waco last year and how people talked about how great the atmosphere was, which he agreed, but emphatically said its nowhere near Assembly Hall when it's rockin. It was pretty refreshing to hear this to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

Been busy the past few hours boys.

Is Brad Stevens our head coach yet? 

Has anyone spotted a private passenger plane heading from Bloomington to Boston?

Was on flightware all day. No flights to the east coast today.

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Was on flightware all day. No flights to the east coast today.

You’re too gods work. 

Once it’s official I’m expecting to see both of us at the airport scouting. Board members will fund our wings and beer. 

1 minute ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Chris any chance of the following:

Brad Stevens
Chris Beard
Nate Oates
Eric Musselman

Is IU so dysfunctional that we can’t be savvy and get someone great?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not Chris but I'll attempt to answer.  No, this clown show doesn't have a prayer to land a top flight coach.  The hope that some great up and comer, that might look like a really good hire, will fizzle out when they start working in this environment!

8 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Chris any chance of the following:

Brad Stevens
Chris Beard
Nate Oates
Eric Musselman

Is IU so dysfunctional that we can’t be savvy and get someone great?

I would say Brad and Musselman out of this group. Oats has a big buyout. Beard’s girlfriend & kids live in Lubbock. I think it would take a lot of money and convincing to get Brad. 

I would say Brad and Musselman out of this group. Oats has a big buyout. Beard’s girlfriend & kids live in Lubbock. I think it would take a lot of money and convincing to get Brad. 

Just curious, how did it get so dysfunctional? How did Fred Glass not stabilize the administration?

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Any thoughts on Drew. Does his success outweigh the HP situation and phone call issues?

Just curious, how did it get so dysfunctional? How did Fred Glass not stabilize the administration?