Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Good ****, we’ll argue over anything when one possesses a strong opinion about something, regardless of right or wrong.

The ******* point was there are plenty of reasons Archie could/should be fired. It’s ******* hilarious that you knew the ones who would be bitching and moaning about even mentioning Archie and tournament appearance in the same post.

The fact is the resume of the team Archie was coaching last season was good enough to have made the tournament. AND it’s still fair to think Archie should be let go.

cRiTIcAl ******* tHiNKinG IS hARd!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So I guess it takes critical thinking to understand that "should have gotten into the tourney" is a worthless talking point. Why?

No one made the tourney.

Because a 10 seed doesn't help Archie's case. 

We had an entire regular season was enough to put Archie into a hole. 

Good ****, we’ll argue over anything when one possesses a strong opinion about something, regardless of right or wrong.

The ******* point was there are plenty of reasons Archie could/should be fired. It’s ******* hilarious that you knew the ones who would be bitching and moaning about even mentioning Archie and tournament appearance in the same post.

The fact is the resume of the team Archie was coaching last season was good enough to have made the tournament. AND it’s still fair to think Archie should be let go.

cRiTIcAl ******* tHiNKinG IS hARd!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I can't like this enough

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So I guess it takes critical thinking to understand that "should have gotten into the tourney" is a worthless talking point. Why?
No one made the tourney.
Because a 10 seed doesn't help Archie's case. 
We had an entire regular season was enough to put Archie into a hole. 
Are you saying that because he would have made the Tournament if there was one that Nashville is saying Archie shoukd stay?
Because if you are, you do need get better at comprehension.

10 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Are you saying that because he would have made the Tournament if there was one that Nashville is saying Archie shoukd stay?
Because if you are, you do need get better at comprehension.

I'm saying it never needs to even be brought up. No one cares that we should have made the tourney. We didn't have an awesome Top 4 seed taken away from us. It's a meaningless talking point. The "context" around last season doesn't need to include anything about the NCAA tourney. It can stop after mentioning a below .500 conference record and getting whooped by Purdue. 

We can still look at last year. Which was 9-11 in conference, good for 10th in conference. He was 7-3 at in conference but 2-8 on the road. His legacy at Indiana is a Devonte Green chest code game, beating Michigan State, beating his first Top 5 team in Iowa and getting whooped by Purdue multiple times. 

I don’t disagree; however, I would also challenge you to find a team not named MSU, who had a winning record in away games. I’ll save you the search, there weren’t any. That said, I think his legacy, for me, will always be losing 12 straight games with a team that was capable of beating the leagues best on any random night. I’ll never be able to think about him, without thinking about that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

29 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'm saying it never needs to even be brought up. No one cares that we should have made the tourney. We didn't have an awesome Top 4 seed taken away from us. It's a meaningless talking point. The "context" around last season doesn't need to include anything about the NCAA tourney. It can stop after mentioning a below .500 conference record and getting whooped by Purdue. 

Never needs to be brought up for you and you don’t care that IU should of made the tournament. Meaningless taking point for you.   If someone wants to bring up the “context” of last season and mention that IU should of made the tournament who am I or you to tell them they can’t.  Again just because you don’t want to talk about it maybe some do.   A struggling program was set to make the tournament last year so  of course some people are going to want to bring it up 

26 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

How we got to this point in the discussion and you thought conversation was about this is just beyond me. 

I’ll just go a different direction and say I wish we could all sit around a table with some beers and have a chat about IU hoops. At very least we all want the same thing.

3 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

How we got to this point in the discussion and you thought conversation was about this is just beyond me. 

I’ll just go a different direction and say I wish we could all sit around a table with some beers and have a chat about IU hoops. At very least we all want the same thing.

I don't drink, but I'll take a Big Red.

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Never needs to be brought up for you and you don’t care that IU should of made the tournament. Meaningless taking point for you.   If someone wants to bring up the “context” of last season and mention that IU should of made the tournament who am I or you to tell them they can’t.  Again just because you don’t want to talk about it maybe some do.   A struggling program was set to make the tournament last year so  of course some people are going to want to bring it up 

A struggling program was set to show how much it is struggling on national television. Thankfully this season everything has been on BTN or FS1 rather than ESPN. 

16 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

A struggling program was set to show how much it is struggling on national television. Thankfully this season everything has been on BTN or FS1 rather than ESPN. 

I will take watching them play in the tournament regardless of how much the program is struggling  and I really don’t care how that looks on national television.   But I also don’t worry myself or lose my mind thinking of what the national perception is of iu.  For me a loss is a loss.   Losing on espn compared to BTN or FS1 is still just a loss.  I will let others worry more about the right way for IU to win or lose or what channel each should happen on 

13 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I will take watching them play in the tournament regardless of how much the program is struggling  and I really don’t care how that looks on national television.   But I also don’t worry myself or lose my mind thinking of what the national perception is of iu.  For me a loss is a loss.   Losing on espn compared to BTN or FS1 is still just a loss.  I will let others worry more about the right way for IU to win or lose or what channel each should happen on 

You may not care about our national perception, but it's incredibly important. Whether you like it or not. We've been on ESPN zero times this season. We finally get an ESPN2 game against Illinois. Why? Who wants to watch Indiana anymore other than Indiana fans? No one. 

Well said

You may not care about our national perception, but it's incredibly important. Whether you like it or not. We've been on ESPN zero times this season. We finally get an ESPN2 game against Illinois. Why? Who wants to watch Indiana anymore other than Indiana fans? No one. 
Quick question. Do you enjoy getting in arguments/debates on this site with EVERYONE on hear?

20 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Besides the Texas game and Stanford game I’m guessing you are meaning  0.   The other Maui game was  on the deuce as well as the Florida St game.   So 4 of IU’s 7 non conference games were on espn networks.  Not like it really matters what channel it’s on.   Basketball fans are going to find the games regardless of what channel they are on.    Basketball junkies will watch IU games.   Plenty of college basketball nerds I interact with on Twitter watch about every college game every night.  

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Besides the Texas game and Stanford game I’m guessing you are meaning  0.   The other Maui game was  on the deuce as well as the Florida St game.   So 4 of IU’s 7 non conference games were on espn networks.  Not like it really matters what channel it’s on.   Basketball fans are going to find the games regardless of what channel they are on.    Basketball junkies will watch IU games.   Plenty of college basketball nerds I interact with on Twitter watch about every college game every night.  

Oh my bad. People watched us get destroyed, fall apart and beat a mediocre Pac12 team. 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

No prob.   Honest mistake.  0 is close enough to 4 to get mixed up 

Sweet. So we are making our national perception even worse actually. I know you don't think it matters, but who do you think we are more worried about seeing us? Some 40 year olds watching or recruits just catching glimpses of games? Are they more likely to have ESPN on or FS1/BTN? Things like that are important. Even if you don't want to admit it. And considering Archie's recruiting has hit a massive wall... Someone must have been paying attention somewhere... Going to guess it wasn't the 40 year old basketball junkie.