Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

I know some will hate this topic because we are probably over a year away from this, but just curious who would be actually candidates outside of pipe-dream Stevens, Few, and Donovan? I honestly don’t know, but maybe someone like Rick Barnes would be someone good to hire that could right the ship for awhile. Make us a consistently good program.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

ANYONE ELSE.

Even Crean with a defensive coordinator.

Hmmm.

Beard seems realistic and possible.

Who knows, but I’m confident it will be a mid major coach with promise, BECAUSE ITS INDIANA, ITS INDIANA.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Calm down.

Tom Crean is dead last in the SEC right now. At least IU isn’t that in the best conference in America. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Right or wrong, good or bad, for better or worse...

I can’t imagine a realistic world in which Archie Miller is fired and Steve Alford isn’t the replacement. 

It’s a projection, not a wish. 

I’d take Tom Crean back over Steve Alford. And I led the Fire Tom Crean train on here.. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Right or wrong, good or bad, for better or worse...

I can’t imagine a realistic world in which Archie Miller is fired and Steve Alford isn’t the replacement. 

It’s a projection, not a wish. 

I might stop following IU athletics if this comes to fruition. Dolson a fan?

I was thinking of making this thread. One name if he’s interested. 

John Beilein. CTC coached circles around him for a few years and then John turned things around at Michigan. However.. does he have the patience to rebuild this current program? 

My only worry with Beilein is his age and probably not wanting to coach much longer. HOWEVER, that would be way better than what we have now even if for only 4-6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I might stop following IU athletics if this comes to fruition. Dolson a fan?

Might have the timeline wrong, but I believe he was a manager on an Alford team. He was definitely a manager here. 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Might have the timeline wrong, but I believe he was a manager on an Alford team. He was definitely a manager here. 

Yikes. Forgot about that. Welp