Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

11 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Yeah, they can at their own institution. Cal can't do anything about Reeves taking classes at ISU. To transfer credits, all he needs is a transcript. Again, he can't stop Reeves if Reeves graduated from ISU and wants to transfer.

As far as Shannon is concerned, I don't think the school itself did anything to stop him from taking classes he needed. I think the coach refused to let him use scholarship money to pay for them. That's really the only control coaches have now. 

Did he come from ISU originally?  Wondering how he could graduate from there otherwise.  If this is the case, he would need his UK credits to transfer back and perhaps they are just dragging their feed on sending that info

10 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Did he come from ISU originally?  Wondering how he could graduate from there otherwise.  If this is the case, he would need his UK credits to transfer back and perhaps they are just dragging their feed on sending that info

Yeah, he was at Illinois St for his 1st 3 years.

10 hours ago, 8bucks said:

I've transferred credits before and you don't need the old school to send anything. You get a copy of your transcript and give it to the new school. The new school might then need to check if the classes are the same or close enough to what they offer but a lot of that info they already know and/or the system is automated because most classes were approved quickly.

I very much doubt that UK is refusing to give out the information needed for ISU to decide whether or not the transfer credits count.

3 hours ago, Demo said:

A bunch of Twitter speculation on Tulane SG Jaylen Forbes entering the portal. Uh, that would work. 1 year guy. Deep range. Pretty good defender. 

CBBRoundup indicating someone is working toward being a grad transfer and would be one of the best available players.  Ant Wright indicating the same, and in a reply saying he was not referring to Reeves.  Forbes would make sense.  Played his freshman year at Alabama and was in the back end of their regular rotation before transferring to Tulane and having a stellar three years.  Bulk three point shooter who hit 37%, 39%, and 39% from deep in his three years at Tulane.  Plus size for a 2 guard (6'5") and plus rebounder (5+ rebounds each year at Tulane).

4 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Have zero clue how much he knows but on his space he says IU is the team to watch. Ya has a connection with him being at Alabama. Around 11:00 mark. 

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1vAGRArRALPKl

UK board started a thread on Forbes and also indicated that it seems that IU is the team to beat for his services.

With the portal slowing down, not many trickling in.

Small one -- Jalen Hampton, 6'6" freshman forward had transferred from Northwestern State, committing to Austin Peay in late March.  He re-entered the portal today.  Played 25.5 mpg at Northwestern State his freshman year, starting 25 of 33 games.  Averaged 10.2 points and 7.4 rebounds.  Shot 65%, didn't take a single three all year.

22 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Have zero clue how much he knows but on his space he says IU is the team to watch. Ya has a connection with him being at Alabama. Around 11:00 mark. Around the 4:30 mark they say we have been tampering with him..lol whatever it's about time for IU to start messing in the gray are. 

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1vAGRArRALPKl

How serious is the tampering thing? I get that "everyone does it", but is there potential for any kind of real issue here?

And with Ya being on staff at Alabama when Forbes was there, how does "tampering" compare to "I know the kid, I coached him, and I'm just staying in touch"?

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

How serious is the tampering thing? I get that "everyone does it", but is there potential for any kind of real issue here?

And with Ya being on staff at Alabama when Forbes was there, how does "tampering" compare to "I know the kid, I coached him, and I'm just staying in touch"?

I wouldn't worry about it at all. 

4 hours ago, go iu bb said:

I wouldn't worry about it at all. 

Yeah, I would guess the definition of tampering is quite different for the team losing a player than the teams after him. Who knows who reached out to who to gauge interest. I’m guessing if you’re the team losing a player, you think any talk is inappropriate, even if it was the player gauging the interest level.

7 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Coach Ya April 1st text:  "Congrats on your decision to apply for the draft, son!  I could see your greatness when you played for me.  I'm sure you'll be a great pro"

Forbes:  "Thanks coach!"

Forbes June 15:  "Hey coach, I'm thinking of pulling out of the draft.  Don't you need a shooter"

Ya:  "We definitely need a shooter!  But I can't speculate on you because you're under scholarship at Tulane"

Add some trendy misspellings and emojis I'm sure.  No tampering there

7 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

It's not. Worse comes to worse, Woodson sits out 2 meaningless Non conf games. 

Tennessee had this happen in baseball, they found tampering, HC sat for a weekend. Now they're in the college world series and that kid bats leadoff and plays SS. 

F the rules. 

40 minutes ago, Josh said:

Coach Ya April 1st text:  "Congrats on your decision to apply for the draft, son!  I could see your greatness when you played for me.  I'm sure you'll be a great pro"

Forbes:  "Thanks coach!"

Forbes June 15:  "Hey coach, I'm thinking of pulling out of the draft.  Don't you need a shooter"

Ya:  "We definitely need a shooter!  But I can't speculate on you because you're under scholarship at Tulane"

Add some trendy misspellings and emojis I'm sure.  No tampering there

Too complicated.

Ya calls his agent and says “Tell Jaylen Coach Ya is out there. And you and I can discuss business and on court role should a top tier SG enter the portal.”