Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Like that's ever a bad thing...

And getting worse.....last big get that they were in on was Zyon Pullin (UC Riverside guard, averaged 18.3 points, 4.4 reb, and 4.2 ast).  Initially was thought to be between Florida and Michigan.  Ant Wright tweeting that it's a two team race now between Florida and LSU and Michigan is out of it.

22 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Decommit  Simeon Wilcher from North Carolina is said to be visiting St. John's.  46th ranked 2023 recruit by 247.  Think he would be a great Indiana fit.  6'4" combo guard.

I agree that he would be a great pickup. I'm not sure IU can offer him what he's looking for, though. He's listed as a CG but wants to primarily play PG and, of course, to play a lot of minutes at that position. I don't see any way he beats out XJ for those minutes.

At UNC, he was probably going to be the starting PG with RJ Davis playing the 2, or at least get plenty of minutes at that position. He decommitted from UNC not too long after a 5* PG reclassified to '23. So it's seem clear that he really wants to play the point more than as a 2 even though he's listed as a CG.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Decommit  Simeon Wilcher from North Carolina is said to be visiting St. John's.  46th ranked 2023 recruit by 247.  Think he would be a great Indiana fit.  6'4" combo guard.

Don't lose sleep over this one if we stay on the sidelines.  And "great fit" may not be the case from other aspects of Wilcher.  After he announced, Armando Bacot tweeted that he couldn't stand the grind.

20 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't lose sleep over this one if we stay on the sidelines.  And "great fit" may not be the case from other aspects of Wilcher.  After he announced, Armando Bacot tweeted that he couldn't stand the grind.

At this point with workouts started I genuinely don’t care if they fill the scholly or not. Short of a perfect fit, a1 year shooter like Reeves, I’d be excited to roll with this team, as is. 

25 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If Wilcher couldn't stand the grind with Hubert Davis, not sure why he'd visit St. John's.

T.J. Moss about to get his sixth year and fourth different team.  Played three years at South Carolina (first year only played 7 games because of injury which makes him eligible for medical waiver), one year at McNeese State, and one year at Detroit Mercy.  Entered the portal today.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'd take that comment by Bacot with a grain of salt. Comes off as sour grapes, especially since this guy wasn't even on campus yet.