Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Reeves or Mongo Mike? Who do you prefer? I might be in the minority, but I'm leaning towards MM , I like his size, court vision, and his ball handing. I think his shooting could improve with some good coaching.

Reeves.  Wouldn't tie up a scholarship for upcoming classes, put up better numbers against better competition, and he's 6'4 so not exactly small.  We need shooting/scoring that the Dayton kid hasn't shown yet.

58 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Reeves or Mongo Mike? Who do you prefer? I might be in the minority, but I'm leaning towards MM , I like his size, court vision, and his ball handing. I think his shooting could improve with some good coaching.

Reeves and it isn't even close.

Not that it couldn’t happen but I feel like expecting coaching to improve someone’s shooting is a bit of a pipe dream.

Reeves, better shooter and won't tie up a scholarship 

This is in response to the UK fanbase freak out over missing out on Isaiah Miranda, a player I’d want no part of. Wow, is that thing sideways right now.
Maybe Joey Hart can do better. 

52 minutes ago, Demo said:

This is in response to the UK fanbase freak out over missing out on Isaiah Miranda, a player I’d want no part of. Wow, is that thing sideways right now.
Maybe Joey Hart can do better. 

Late regular season, around their loss to Georgia, I wondered if a Cal/UK split might be good for both parties. They rallied and the noise died down, but I still wonder if that’s the case.

One issue right now is I don’t know if there’s a real obvious coach that screams “next UK HC” out there. They’re not going to poach from the reigning champ. Oats and/or Muss make sense, but their current schools would pony up to keep them. Painter is a wild card IMO but I don’t really see it for either side.

39 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Nah I want the series to come back and actually mean something. They can hire Crean 

Mike Davis, final offer.

I don't really care about it "meaning something", I want to beat them so badly they shutter the program out of pure embarrassment.

2 hours ago, lillurk said:

Late regular season, around their loss to Georgia, I wondered if a Cal/UK split might be good for both parties. They rallied and the noise died down, but I still wonder if that’s the case.

One issue right now is I don’t know if there’s a real obvious coach that screams “next UK HC” out there. They’re not going to poach from the reigning champ. Oats and/or Muss make sense, but their current schools would pony up to keep them. Painter is a wild card IMO but I don’t really see it for either side.

There are always innumerable great choices.

Fan bases of P5 programs always cite the same guys. But the right guy isn’t often the already famous college coach. It’s the good coach that’s the perfect fit for the opening.

I was a big fan of the Woodson hire. I also thought a famous guy, Stevens, coming back to Indiana would have been a great big name for IU. But Drew, Musselman, Oats? I do not think it would have gone as well.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Fan bases of P5 programs always cite the same guys. But the right guy isn’t often the already famous college coach. It’s the good coach that’s the perfect fit for the opening.

I was a big fan of the Woodson hire. I also thought a famous guy, Stevens, coming back to Indiana would have been a great big name for IU. But Drew, Musselman, Oats? I do not think it would have gone as well.

I loved the Woodson hire because he clearly understands IU basketball. That alone is a big deal. I seen growth over past two seasons in terms of what works at the college level and what doesn't. To me, CMW is the right coach at the right time.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Yeah, I agree there are of course good options. It’s just less obvious who they might be for UK right now than some prior periods.