Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

2 hours ago, hoosierbgh said:

The one bad loss doesn't invalidate their squad but their squad was never as good as it was hyped to be either. 

They got a tremendous amount of hype mileage out of beating subpar Gonzaga and Duke teams early and then were gifted a Charmin soft first half of the conference schedule. Worse for them, I don't really see that they addressed their glaring weaknesses in the offseason. 

Guessing he's just trying to squeeze more NIL money out of Kentucky, I mean they need him.

The one bad loss doesn't invalidate their squad but their squad was never as good as it was hyped to be either. 

They got a tremendous amount of hype mileage out of beating subpar Gonzaga and Duke teams early and then were gifted a Charmin soft first half of the conference schedule. Worse for them, I don't really see that they addressed their glaring weaknesses in the offseason. 

23 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Guessing he's just trying to squeeze more NIL money 

Don't squeeze the Charmin.

55 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Mongolian Mike!! 

If he commits, I'd be happy to have him. If there's one thing we can be confident in, it is that Woody is not going to promise starts, playing time or otherwise blow smoke. A commitment would indicate he's at least open to coaching and competing for playing time. 

The kid definitely has some tools. If he is willing to accept coaching and works hard, he could be a dynamic player capable of making things happen on the court. My biggest concern would be his lack of strength, if he can improve any in that area and learn how to use the strength he has better, he could be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. 

10 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Highly ranked, yes, but I don't see them overtaking Kansas to get to #1 in the initial polls. 

They may not but they'll have a case. College basketball wise, Edey is just that good. Will Purdue have the season they had last year? No clue but they'll be good and I'm sure they'll be pissed.

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They may not but they'll have a case. College basketball wise, Edey is just that good. Will Purdue have the season they had last year? No clue but they'll be good and I'm sure they'll be pissed.

Head to head, I simply can't see Purdue matching up with Kansas.  Dickinson with proper coaching makes the Edey advantage minute and Kansas' 2-5 are better at every spot.

38 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They were pissed before the Fairleigh Dickinson game:

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Head to head, I simply can't see Purdue matching up with Kansas.  Dickinson with proper coaching makes the Edey advantage minute and Kansas' 2-5 are better at every spot.

He feasted on Purdue at UM too. Averaged about 20-5-2 in 4 career games on 54% FG and 56% from 3 on 4 attempts/game. Rebound numbers were down, but only averaged more points against OSU in-conference.

7 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Probably a better bench, too.

Kansas is the clear #1 entering next season.

If he commits, I'd be happy to have him. If there's one thing we can be confident in, it is that Woody is not going to promise starts, playing time or otherwise blow smoke. A commitment would indicate he's at least open to coaching and competing for playing time. 

The kid definitely has some tools. If he is willing to accept coaching and works hard, he could be a dynamic player capable of making things happen on the court. My biggest concern would be his lack of strength, if he can improve any in that area and learn how to use the strength he has better, he could be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. 

Also, if the Cupps connection is true then he should be an asset and not a distraction. He’d be onboard with what Woody is wanting.

5 hours ago, hoosierbgh said:

They got a tremendous amount of hype mileage out of beating subpar Gonzaga and Duke teams early

Huh? Both of those squads were kenpom top 10. So was Marquette who they also beat. They won the conf and conf tourney.  

It’s hilarious that we swept them and they lost to a 16 seed, but they were legit good. One of their biggest weaknesses was that they had freshman guards. I think you can reasonably expect them to be better next year.  

If Edey comes back they’ll be a legit top 5 squad. Top ten, at worst. 

Kansas will definitely be #1. Purdue, Duke, FAU, Tennessee maybe to finish out the top 5 in some order. Texas will probably be top 10. Rankings will be interesting I think.

Kentucky needs to pick up some dudes for sure after missing. In two years all freshmen could be successful, but right now they are playing against 22-25 year olds so it is much different than the past.