Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Strange combination for his list.  Also think he can be exploited if he's being asked to defend the against any kind of speed at the guard position.  Think he's a 3 at this point in his development, not a point.  Not sure where his minutes come.

He could run point offensively without having to guard a guard.

Just madness.....DeAndre Williams went to Evansville in 2018-19 but had to sit that year due to acadmic eligibility issues.  That year did count toward his four years.  Played a year  at Evansville before transferring to Memphis.  Played three years there and avergaed 17.7 points/game.  Is now applying for a waiver and sounding like he is going to lawyer up.

Because of the 2018-19 year, he has already used five years even though he did not play that year.  If his waiver is granted, he would turn 27 before he played any games next year at Memphis.

52 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well Edey returning very firmly places them somewhere 1-3 in the polls to begin the year.

I would think so. They won the conference last year and were a 1 seed. His backcourt will be a year older. They will be with msu as favorites for the conference next year.   

The tourney loss is embarrassing for them but UVA won the title after their first round upset, so it doesn’t mean much. 

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I would think so. They won the conference last year and were a 1 seed. His backcourt will be a year older. They will be with msu as favorites for the conference next year.   

The tourney loss is embarrassing for them but UVA won the title after their first round upset, so it doesn’t mean much. 

It's getting harder and harder to say that the Purdue loss last year was a fluke after continual losses to poorly seeded teams, though.  As long as Edey is there, Purdue will put up a good record.  But as long as they remain as unathletic as they are, teams are going to exploit that in the tourney.  They didn't fix that issue.

7 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I've seen a lot of Purdue fans gravitating toward this parallel, but there a couple things they don't seem to realize:

1) De'Andre Hunter was out for Virginia when they lost to UMBC. 

2) Hunter, along with two others, were drafted after winning it all. Edey is the only one who has a prayer at getting drafted, and the chances of that might have diminished since he'll be a year older. 

I'm sure none of this will stop the Final Four talk from starting up after Edey dominates somebody in November. 

13 minutes ago, str8baller said:

It's Purdue, they'll Purdue it.

13 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

It's getting harder and harder to say that the Purdue loss last year was a fluke after continual losses to poorly seeded teams, though.  As long as Edey is there, Purdue will put up a good record.  But as long as they remain as unathletic as they are, teams are going to exploit that in the tourney.  They didn't fix that issue.

Clearly you haven't held your nose and checked out their boards. They insist Heide and Colvin will revolutionize college basketball with their pure, dazzling athleticism. :)

Also, their new 7'2" stiff Berg is a Ginger. I thought that needed to be stated. 

13 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I've seen a lot of Purdue fans gravitating toward this parallel, but there a couple things they don't seem to realize:

2) Hunter, along with two others, were drafted after winning it all. Edey is the only one who has a prayer at getting drafted, and the chances of that might have diminished since he'll be a year older. 

I'm sure none of this will stop the Final Four talk from starting up after Edey dominates somebody in November. 

Virginia also had only two losses all season heading into the UMBC game while Purdue had two just to Indiana.  Purdue will certainly put up a lot of wins but the issues they seem to have come tournament time are still relevant ones.  They didn't fix the athleticism issue....they basically added the kid from Southern Illinois and lost Newman, which is basically a wash.  The freshman guards will be a year older but Fletcher Loyer in particular can still be exposed.

15 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I didn’t say they’ll pull a Virginia, only that one bad upset doesn’t invalidate their squad.  They lost in the S16 before that and to that Virginia squad (just barely) in the E8 not long ago. We haven’t been that far in two decades. 

They have a good team coming back. They’ll be favorites to finish high in the conf. What they do in the tourney doesn’t concern me much because we likely won’t face them there. We’ll definitely see them twice in the B1G. 

13 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Also, their new 7'2" stiff Berg is a Ginger. I thought that needed to be stated. 

Still makes me laugh when I remember his comment about our fans having bad manners. Our crowd is going to have fun with him after his first mistake. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well Edey returning very firmly places them somewhere 1-3 in the polls to begin the year.

Highly ranked, yes, but I don't see them overtaking Kansas to get to #1 in the initial polls. 

6 hours ago, str8baller said:

I didn’t say they’ll pull a Virginia, only that one bad upset doesn’t invalidate their squad.  They lost in the S16 before that and to that Virginia squad (just barely) in the E8 not long ago. We haven’t been that far in two decades. 

They have a good team coming back. They’ll be favorites to finish high in the conf. What they do in the tourney doesn’t concern me much because we likely won’t face them there. We’ll definitely see them twice in the B1G. 

The one bad loss doesn't invalidate their squad but their squad was never as good as it was hyped to be either. 

They got a tremendous amount of hype mileage out of beating subpar Gonzaga and Duke teams early and then were gifted a Charmin soft first half of the conference schedule. Worse for them, I don't really see that they addressed their glaring weaknesses in the offseason.