Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Just now, JSHoosier said:

Not saying he doesn't have potential but I don't really want to bring in a transfer that would still have 3 years so scholarships open up for 24 and 25 classes.  I'd go for a more traditional 2 with less eligibility left, and one that hopefully shot better than 32%.

Mike Woodson trusts his ability to develop guys into NBA players that have NBA size/athleticism. If he could get him to being drafted next year to go along with the others IU will be in serious recruiting business.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The videos 

Any highlight video will make players look good. Prillar could showed his 5 minutes at Purdue where he actually contributed and make him look good 

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Not saying he doesn't have potential but I don't really want to bring in a transfer that would still have 3 years so scholarships open up for 24 and 25 classes.  I'd go for a more traditional 2 with less eligibility left, and one that hopefully shot better than 32%.

The question is with this kid is he better than Banks, Gunn and Newton. If not why bring in anyone who is not considerably better than what you already have.

5 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

What am I missing with this kid because on the surface last year wasn't very good for him.

5.6 pts, 1.9 rebs, 2.6 asst., 1.7 to's, 38% from the field, 31 from 3

I'm not sure I'm on board either, but devil's advocate:

-- he was a top 120 recruit out of high school, so he didn't just come out of nowhere.

-- plus passer, especially for his size.

-- did pick up quite a bit of experience last year, playing 23 minutes/game for a decent Dayton team.

15 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

The question is with this kid is he better than Banks, Gunn and Newton. If not why bring in anyone who is not considerably better than what you already have.

That’s illogical.

Banks, Gunn, Newton, and Mike S are all completely different style players.

This kid has deficiencies, but he also has  a handle and vision. That’s not better or worse, but very different.

Somewhat meh about this but if Woody and staff want him, I want him too! 

Personally would prefer someone with 1 or 2 years of eligibility rather than 3, but if he goes to the league sooner, everyone wins from that point of view. Not great stats last year, but 6'8 and a playmaker? If Woody thinks he can mold him into a pro... then next year's team will be scary good. Bottom line to me - that size is going to create mismatches all over the floor. If he can be a solid shooter (not like he was horrific last year... just a solid improvement) then look out. 

I like the very little I've seen of his ability to handle the ball and pass it. 

Very excited to see how we round out the roster! 

25 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

I guess the question is can he play defense and will he upset the team chemistry. Trust Coach Woodson to figure it out.

+1.  At this point, IU is looking for marginal improvement.  Not likely to see a home run get at the 2 at this juncture.  Toward the end of the regular season last year IU was playing basically a seven man rotation, so having an extra option isn't a bad thing to have.  And if it upsets team chemistry, he doesn't play.

Again, not saying I'm a fan of his, but I am a fan of using the scholarship.  We already know Leal isn't going to be logging any real time, not sure we should leave another slot blank.

7 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Somewhat meh about this but if Woody and staff want him, I want him too! 

Personally would prefer someone with 1 or 2 years of eligibility rather than 3, but if he goes to the league sooner, everyone wins from that point of view. Not great stats last year, but 6'8 and a playmaker? If Woody thinks he can mold him into a pro... then next year's team will be scary good. Bottom line to me - that size is going to create mismatches all over the floor. If he can be a solid shooter (not like he was horrific last year... just a solid improvement) then look out. 

I like the very little I've seen of his ability to handle the ball and pass it. 

Very excited to see how we round out the roster! 

My guess is that Sharavjamts isn't looking to be in college that long, which is why he looked to get feedback in the draft.  If he can't make it to the NBA, would guess he goes back overseas and plays after another year.