Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

2 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I haven't seen him play but looking at his numbers there are a couple of things that confuse me:

1) Why he announced for the NBA draft in the first place

2) Why IU is a possibility for him at this point. He doesn't fill a need.

He absolutely fills a need for us.

He’s a ball handling two guard that facilitates and passes well, and is a perimeter shooter.

This may be our guy.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He’s a ball handling two guard that facilitates and passes well, and is a perimeter shooter.

This may be our guy.

He's a guard? 247 and sports reference have him listed as a forward which is why I was confused.

On 5/9/2023 at 9:43 AM, Demo said:

Not gonna lie, I don’t care about his stats, love that kid. He could be a legit 6’8” PG if you wanted to use him that way. He’s got such great vision. He’s super creative in pick and roll. Exceptional instincts playing the passing lanes. 2 issues: 1) His shot is a little funky and he’s steaky from 3. Can make 5 straight then miss 10. 2) He’s built like a stick figure and adding 20-30 lbs doesn’t look at all likely. 

Saves typing on Sharavjamts. I’d take him without a thought. 

Saves typing on Sharavjamts. I’d take him without a thought. 

Watched him a ton last year. Not sure he’d start, but could definitely find a way to earn minutes. So talented and a fun player to watch. Just needs to improve his shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, JustWinWoody said:

Strange combination for his list.  Also think he can be exploited if he's being asked to defend the against any kind of speed at the guard position.  Think he's a 3 at this point in his development, not a point.  Not sure where his minutes come.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

This may be our guy.

We know Woody loves length and positional size. Would also make sense why things have been quiet, if there was reason to believe he was interested in IU.

He needs to gain 20 pounds, but he has great handles and great court vision.
He’s exactly what we don’t have with our current 12 players.
My son goes to UD, he was never a fan. I watched him some this past year too. He is very streaky shooter, and does love to shoot and son said all he is interested in is professional ball and how to get there-why he went in draft. I would be more worried about team chemistry. I would take Galloway everyday. Now if he is a backup that may work.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, sweetpain said:

My son goes to UD, he was never a fan. I watched him some this past year too. He is very streaky shooter, and does love to shoot and son said all he is interested in is professional ball and how to get there-why he went in draft. I would be more worried about team chemistry. I would take Galloway everyday. Now if he is a backup that may work.

Get him on campus and figure lineups out later. 

2 minutes ago, lillurk said:

We know Woody loves length and positional size. Would also make sense why things have been quiet, if there was reason to believe he was interested in IU.

I seem him offering an option for minutes and probably has a low floor, high ceiling.  Not sure of the fit, but I also think there isn't any reason not to use a scholarship on an option.  Do wonder if a more traditional 2 guard wouldn't be a better get, though.

7 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Watched him a ton last year. Not sure he’d start, but could definitely find a way to earn minutes. So talented and a fun player to watch. Just needs to improve his shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy to see him playing in rotation with X and Galloway. Love him as a facilitator. He’s just a clever kid. 1 other thing. He’ll play next year at 21. Would be stunned if he’s not a 1 year guy, which is perfect.

Not saying he doesn't have potential but I don't really want to bring in a transfer that would still have 3 years so scholarships open up for 24 and 25 classes.  I'd go for a more traditional 2 with less eligibility left, and one that hopefully shot better than 32%.

What am I missing with this kid because on the surface last year wasn't very good for him.

5.6 pts, 1.9 rebs, 2.6 asst., 1.7 to's, 38% from the field, 31 from 3
That's exactly right. UD fans were dumbfounded when he went in draft.