Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

5 hours ago, Stromboli said:

The more I think about it the more I like Galloway starting at the 2. He’s very efficient when he does shoot, he just doesn’t look for his own shot much. And then he does everything else well. Isn’t that somewhat ideal? We have plenty of guys who will be hunting their own shots. Usage will never be even, and isn’t really intended to be. If Trey keeps hitting over 40% when he does take a 3, and drives when the right opportunity is there, his skill set is about ideal, no?

If Trey could go from around 6.5 ppg to about 9-10, I'd really like him. Trey finished the year with 6 straight games without reaching double figures. If you want to be a legit contender, I don't think your 2 guard can go 6 straight games without scoring at least 10 points...especially in March. One thing that's true, Trey is a hard worker. I have no doubt he will get better. But I also understand the need/want for IU to get a transfer at that spot. 

7 hours ago, Stromboli said:

The more I think about it the more I like Galloway starting at the 2. He’s very efficient when he does shoot, he just doesn’t look for his own shot much. And then he does everything else well. Isn’t that somewhat ideal? We have plenty of guys who will be hunting their own shots. Usage will never be even, and isn’t really intended to be. If Trey keeps hitting over 40% when he does take a 3, and drives when the right opportunity is there, his skill set is about ideal, no?

I agree with HoosierFan1994.  Galloway can play the 2 but he will have to average around 10 points per game, if he can do that, I think we will be a decent team with Galloway playing the 2.

I am for Galloway playing the 2 more than I am getting someone that is in the portal currently!  

4 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Trilly Donovan implying that Jahvon Quinerly of Alabama might hit the portal.  6'1" guard, last year averaged 8.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, and 3.6 apg.  Shot 40/36/82.  Has had an up and down career from three.  Played at Villanova as a freshman and only hit 12 of 48 (25%).  Was deadly as a sophomore at Alabama, hitting 52 of 120 (43%) while averaging 12.9 ppg.  Shooting dropped down as a junior as he hit 28% from three but averaged almost 14 ppg.  In total, has made 160 of 475 from three (34%).

Separately, Trilly stating that Ray J Dennis of Toledo was almost ready to commit to Utah but now Illinois is back in the mix as is Baylor.  Should be announcing by the end of the week.

I watched Alabama a lot and Quinerly is a ball dominant guard. At times it seemed like he was trying to pound the air out of the ball.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

30th rated shooting guard in the class of 2023, 181st overall.  Would be a rare opportunity for someone with that kind of ranking to get a UK offer....but likely just be a guy on the outside of a short rotation and then next year recruited over.

52 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hoggard returns to MSU.

Huge for them. If he was playing well they were tough to beat. 13pts and 6 assts for a guy who split ballhandling duties with Walker. 

MSU should be tough next year. 

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

247's #1 2023 recruit and Texas decommit Ron Holland has announced he will not go to college but instead will play for G-league Ignite.

To the surprise of nobody.