Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I agree. Galloway will get plenty of time. I think One of Banks/Gunn wouldn’t see enough to be happy. I love both of their potential. But I’d love a more dynamic 2 if we can find one.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Gunn has the tools to be a really good 2 in college. Athletic, long, wants to play defense. Just really needs to figure out the speed of the game and his jumpshot.

42 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Gunn has the tools to be a really good 2 in college. Athletic, long, wants to play defense. Just really needs to figure out the speed of the game and his jumpshot.

And dribbling and playing some sort of coherent defense.  

If Illinois is no longer leading for Ray J. Dennis, that might also be an indication that Shannon might be coming back.  He was still up in the air on his decision although from the sound of it I believe Coleman Hawkins will be leaving (even though he will be a mid second round pick).

On 5/22/2023 at 4:01 PM, RaceToTheTop said:

One thing I will say is that Spencer is a great role player to whoever gets him but sounds like he’ll get NIL money like s superstar because of how bare the portal is in really great shooters now.

I would guess we have as good a shot as anyone. He’s played us and knows the history = $ and we need a shooter. 

Central Michigan SG Jesse Zarzuela commits to Oregon as a grad transfer. Will be his 6th school in 6 years:

18-19. UTEP-redshirt

19-20  Navarro CC

20-21. MO St-West Plains

21-22. Coppin St

22-23. C. Michigan

23-24. Oregon

Possible I've missed some news the last few days - but seems the rumor mill is pretty quiet re: the last scholarship? Feels like I've mostly seen speculation but not really reporting. I know these things take time so not worried, just eager for some IUBB news like we all are lol. 

Maybe things will start to heat up around the deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft process

8 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Possible I've missed some news the last few days - but seems the rumor mill is pretty quiet re: the last scholarship? Feels like I've mostly seen speculation but not really reporting. I know these things take time so not worried, just eager for some IUBB news like we all are lol. 

Maybe things will start to heat up around the deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft process

I made a similar comment last week. My take is that quiet is good — if they hadn’t locked onto a mutually interested option we’d be hearing them connected to every available guard

54 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Google says May 31 is the last day to drop from the draft. I suspect things will heat up in the next week or two with the bigger names.